Land of the Lost

Welcome to the Official Terry Pratchett Forums
Register here for the official Terry Pratchett forum and message boards.

Catch-up

Sergeant-at-Arms
Jul 26, 2008
Michigan, U.S.A.
I don't know if this show was ever on outside the U.S., but there's a movie version coming out. It looks hysterical! As much as I cringe when I think of a Will Ferrell movie, he always cracks me up! :oops: :laugh:

Jan Van Quirm

Sergeant-at-Arms
Nov 7, 2008
Dunheved, Kernow
www.janhawke.me.uk
PMSL :laugh:

He's not the sort of actor you want to admit you like and certainly the movies he makes are theoretically ultra cringe-making.....

But I ADORED Elf! And that even more grungey sounding one where he was an Anchorman (yet again Brain has gone bye-byes...)? :twisted:

I rarely go to the movies these days but I may well make an excpetion for this one

Dotsie

Sergeant-at-Arms
Jul 28, 2008
Was just about to write an embarrassed "I watched Step Brothers last night & laughed quite a lot despite the complete lack of plot" message :oops: :laugh:

So I'm glad I'm not the only one with such guilty pleasures ;)

Catch-up

Sergeant-at-Arms
Jul 26, 2008
Michigan, U.S.A.
I'm so glad I'm not the only one! :oops: :laugh: I still haven't seen Elf and I've been wanting to for so long now. I think I'm going to see if our library has it. I remember the one where he's an anchorman. What was that called?

I'm going to try to make it to the theater for this one too. 8)

Dotsie

Sergeant-at-Arms
Jul 28, 2008
Catch-up said:
I remember the one where he's an anchorman. What was that called?
I can't tell if you're joking - but it's called Anchorman! :laugh:

Jan Van Quirm

Sergeant-at-Arms
Nov 7, 2008
Dunheved, Kernow
www.janhawke.me.uk
Not really - it was one of those movies that has different titles - like the 1st HP film was Sorcerer's Stone in the USA instead of Philosopher's?

I think in the US it was something like Dick Smart - Anchorman...? only another name? :rolleyes:

Tonyblack

Super Moderator
City Watch
Jul 25, 2008
Cardiff, Wales
It was called "Anchorman: The Legend of Ron Burgundy" but it was also know as:
Action News (USA) (working title)
Action News! With Ron Burgundy (USA) (original script title)
Action Newsman (USA) (working title)
Anchorman (USA) (short title)

According to IMDB - and no, I haven't seen it. :p

Oct 13, 2008
Devon
That film looks good & very funny too. I loved Elf, btw. :laugh:

Mar 8, 2009
Oooooh! I thought I hadn't seen Anchorman, but in actual fact... I have XD

It was pretty bad, but it's the sort of bad film that you can really enjoy when there a few of you watching it and having fun. Elf was surprisingly a good film, I rather liked that one XD

In fact, there was another W.F. film that I can't remember the title of! Ummm, I can't remember.... "Semi-Pro" (long live Google XD)

That was a pretty awfully funny film too!

Catch-up

Sergeant-at-Arms
Jul 26, 2008
Michigan, U.S.A.
:laugh: No, I really couldn't remember what it was called.

I've seen the trailers for Semi-Pro and I don't think I can bring myself to watch it. I think because, as Jan so beautifully put it, I'll hate myself for letting it make me laugh!

Dotsie

Sergeant-at-Arms
Jul 28, 2008
You should definitely watch Blades of Glory. I loved that film, It still makes me laugh to think about it! Although, I wasn't as keen on Semi-Pro, possibly the jokes were all the same :laugh:

Catch-up

Sergeant-at-Arms
Jul 26, 2008
Michigan, U.S.A.
Dotsie said:
You should definitely watch Blades of Glory. I loved that film, It still makes me laugh to think about it! Although, I wasn't as keen on Semi-Pro, possibly the jokes were all the same :laugh:
I got Elf and Blades of Glory from the library today. :oops:

Book of the Month

Moving Pictures

"Pratchett’s wackiness collaborates with Gaiman’s morbid humour; the result is a humanist delight to be savoured and read again and again."

User Menu

Newsletter