Land of the Lost

Welcome to the Sir Terry Pratchett Forums
Register here for the Sir Terry Pratchett forum and message boards.

Jan Van Quirm

Sergeant-at-Arms
Nov 7, 2008
Dunheved, Kernow
www.janhawke.me.uk
PMSL :laugh:

He's not the sort of actor you want to admit you like and certainly the movies he makes are theoretically ultra cringe-making.....

But I ADORED Elf! And that even more grungey sounding one where he was an Anchorman (yet again Brain has gone bye-byes...)? :twisted:

I rarely go to the movies these days but I may well make an excpetion for this one

Dotsie

Sergeant-at-Arms
Jul 28, 2008
Was just about to write an embarrassed "I watched Step Brothers last night & laughed quite a lot despite the complete lack of plot" message :oops: :laugh:

So I'm glad I'm not the only one with such guilty pleasures ;)

Catch-up

Sergeant-at-Arms
Jul 26, 2008
Michigan, U.S.A.
I'm so glad I'm not the only one! :oops: :laugh: I still haven't seen Elf and I've been wanting to for so long now. I think I'm going to see if our library has it. I remember the one where he's an anchorman. What was that called?

I'm going to try to make it to the theater for this one too. 8)

Tonyblack

Super Moderator
City Watch
Jul 25, 2008
Cardiff, Wales
It was called "Anchorman: The Legend of Ron Burgundy" but it was also know as:
Action News (USA) (working title)
Action News! With Ron Burgundy (USA) (original script title)
Action Newsman (USA) (working title)
Anchorman (USA) (short title)

According to IMDB - and no, I haven't seen it. :p

Mar 8, 2009
Oooooh! I thought I hadn't seen Anchorman, but in actual fact... I have XD

It was pretty bad, but it's the sort of bad film that you can really enjoy when there a few of you watching it and having fun. Elf was surprisingly a good film, I rather liked that one XD

In fact, there was another W.F. film that I can't remember the title of! Ummm, I can't remember.... "Semi-Pro" (long live Google XD)

That was a pretty awfully funny film too!

Catch-up

Sergeant-at-Arms
Jul 26, 2008
Michigan, U.S.A.
:laugh: No, I really couldn't remember what it was called.

I've seen the trailers for Semi-Pro and I don't think I can bring myself to watch it. I think because, as Jan so beautifully put it, I'll hate myself for letting it make me laugh!

Dotsie

Sergeant-at-Arms
Jul 28, 2008
You should definitely watch Blades of Glory. I loved that film, It still makes me laugh to think about it! Although, I wasn't as keen on Semi-Pro, possibly the jokes were all the same :laugh:

Catch-up

Sergeant-at-Arms
Jul 26, 2008
Michigan, U.S.A.
Dotsie said:
You should definitely watch Blades of Glory. I loved that film, It still makes me laugh to think about it! Although, I wasn't as keen on Semi-Pro, possibly the jokes were all the same :laugh:
I got Elf and Blades of Glory from the library today. :oops:

User Menu

Newsletter