SPOILERS Lords and Ladies Discussion **Spoilers**

Welcome to the Sir Terry Pratchett Forums
Register here for the Sir Terry Pratchett forum and message boards.

Tonyblack

Super Moderator
City Watch
Jul 25, 2008
Cardiff, Wales
I'm sorry, I've been somewhat neglecting this discussion lately. :oops: Been going through a major downer the last few weeks and haven't had much enthusiasm for anything. :(

Anyhow - when I first read this book it took me a while to 'get' the bit where Granny controls the unicorn. My first thought was the description of "iron-grey hair", but that didn't make any real sense and it wasn't until I found out more about unicorns that I understood Granny's qualifications.

I think this goes back to one of the themes of the book - alternative universes. The Granny in many of those certainly couldn't have controlled the unicorn and may even have been killed by it.

I do like the way that Terry makes his readers think and learn. :)

Dotsie

Sergeant-at-Arms
Jul 28, 2008
Tonyblack said:
I'm sorry, I've been somewhat neglecting this discussion lately. :oops: Been going through a major downer the last few weeks and haven't had much enthusiasm for anything. :(
:( Sorry to hear that Tony, hope you pick up soon :)

Tonyblack

Super Moderator
City Watch
Jul 25, 2008
Cardiff, Wales
Dotsie said:
Tonyblack said:
:( Sorry to hear that Tony, hope you pick up soon :)
Thanks guys, but I wasn't looking for sympathy, I was trying to get the discussion going again. :laugh:

User Menu

Newsletter