Making Money

Welcome to the Sir Terry Pratchett Forums
Register here for the Sir Terry Pratchett forum and message boards.

Hegewych

Lance-Constable
Jul 28, 2008
Just about to start reading this one.
I know its a bit late, but was in the middle of another book.
Find nice quiet spot and settle down for the afternoon.

Tonyblack

Super Moderator
City Watch
Jul 25, 2008
Cardiff, Wales
I've only read it once so far. In my opinion Terry's books have to be read at least twice and even more! However, I've been working my way through the series for a discussion group on another forum and I don't get around to Making Money until October. We'll have to see if I cave in and read it again before then. ;)

BTW - I'm currently reading Going Postal and have been working through the series for over two years. :eek:

Tonyblack

Super Moderator
City Watch
Jul 25, 2008
Cardiff, Wales
50ft queenie said:
I'm still waiting for the paperback edition of Making Money.

I've read it though. Twice. It's extremely good like all PTerry's books. I liked that Mrs. Dearheart featured a bit more it this one.

She's sooooo cool! ;)
The paperback of MM has been out for a few weeks over here and was even on special offer at Tesco last time I looked.

Twankydillo

Lance-Constable
Jul 26, 2008
Salford, England
Making Money was very good. I think I'm in love with the Chairman. I couldn't get the image of him and his toy (being vibrated across the floor) out of my head for a long time after reading it!

Periwinkle

Lance-Constable
Jul 25, 2008
Moist will be hitting the TV screens sometime next year as the Mob are making "Going Postal" their next offering for Sky.

Butcher

Jul 29, 2008
Twankydillo said:
Making Money was very good. I think I'm in love with the Chairman. I couldn't get the image of him and his toy (being vibrated across the floor) out of my head for a long time after reading it!
Please, Please, Please, if the MOB ever make this one into a film they have to keep that scene in :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

VesuvianRuin

Lance-Constable
Jul 28, 2008
Sheffield, UK
Controversial I know, but I didn't find this one anywhere near as good as Going Postal. It just seemed to be more of the same only a little weaker. I have only read it once though so when I get time I'll have another read-through and see what I think then.

I don't remember 'Going Postal' very well .. Someone stole my copy (happens a lot.. I am currently wondering where my fifth copy of 'Guards! Guards!' has got to) but i thoroughly enjoyed 'Making Money'. I remember i preferred 'The Truth' to 'Going Postal' though, and am a little disappointed that Pratchett didn't carry on with that series.

carllota

Lance-Constable
Aug 1, 2008
Ireland
I'v just finished reading MM and i thought it was good I like that ms dearheart was in this one more as well. I agree that the truth was good and wish that terry would do more about them but they seem to pop up in alot of books now, mostly following Vimes around hehe

ladyramkin

Lance-Constable
Aug 6, 2008
Kent
I would agree with Tony. You need to read Terry's books at least twice to really get the best out of them. I didnt enjoy Monstrous Regiment on the first reading, but on the second, I was surprised to find how good it was.

silverstreak said:
Periwinkle said:
Moist will be hitting the TV screens sometime next year as the Mob are making "Going Postal" their next offering for Sky.
Hope he doesn't get into the electrics.
I am sure Anoia would help him in that case...again.

PS: well, Making Money is quite good...alas, not so good as Going Postal, but surely worth reading. My favourite character is Mr Bent, I consider him the best character of the book ;)

RACKU

Lance-Constable
Aug 15, 2008
Australia
Ohmai! The last book I read..was indeed, Going Postal :) When I first picked up the book, I thought it was gonna be just a bit ordinary..I had no idea it was so good! Actually, it's one of my favourites. Can't wait to see the movie! The previous ones were awesome..this one is going to be a blast :)

As for Making Money, my school library just got it, and after I'm done with Night Watch, that should be my next reading. Considering it's a sort of "sequel" to Going Postal.

silverstreak

Lance-Corporal
Aug 1, 2008
Llanelli,Wales
RACKU said:
Ohmai! The last book I read..was indeed, Going Postal :) When I first picked up the book, I thought it was gonna be just a bit ordinary..I had no idea it was so good! Actually, it's one of my favourites. Can't wait to see the movie! The previous ones were awesome..this one is going to be a blast :)

As for Making Money, my school library just got it, and after I'm done with Night Watch, that should be my next reading. Considering it's a sort of "sequel" to Going Postal.
Your school library has very good taste!

User Menu

Newsletter