MANGA

Welcome to the Sir Terry Pratchett Forums
Register here for the Sir Terry Pratchett forum and message boards.
A

Anonymous

shegallivants said:
I know I've suffered the stereotype of the submissive asian girl, and it's not fun to have people prejudge you like that. Also, I love it when people say "Yooou speeeaak goooood englisssh. Is Singapore in China?" My favourite moments! :devil:
Had something similar once...just replace the last bit with -Isn't Germany in Europe-
/sidenote

Ragdoll

Lance-Constable
Jul 22, 2011
Hm, don't get around to read manga really, are more into anime from that part of the world :p

Although I did enjoy Hellsing a lot, but tearing London apart in multiple volumes felt a bit of ... overdoing it XD

Any here read/reading Gunslinger Girls? Rather love the take on "enhanced" child fighters, although it is another grip on the Halo mythos and Ender's Game kinda thing.

On anime side it is GitS SAC FTW! Although I am also a big fan of Haibane Renmai, Mushi-shi and .HACK//SIGN ;)

My comment to the discussion erupting in this thread: I think *someone* managed to view the hentai anime or manga and those cannot be said to be a representative of the genre as a whole. Some of the strongest female leads I have found in comics or cartoon are in anime and manga. Also many of the Asian movies contain strong females.

But I will admit: The anime/manga has an odd idea of fan service - my boobs obeys the law of gravity, the boob movements in some of those seem to defy gravity :laugh: . Oh well - but hardly a deal breaker seeing the fan service from Hollywood contain girls in very tight leather outfits or skirts shorter than a finger nail. ;)

Ragdoll

Lance-Constable
Jul 22, 2011
Haven't read Soul Eater, but watched a good bunch of the initial anime episodes. Took a bit warming up, but became rather fun I think.

Anyone read Pandora Hearts? I've uh.. only watched the anime, but heard it is manga too, just not sure if its worth hunting down :eek:

...To list them all is to realise ones own geekdom...

Gundam ({the first one}, Z, ZZ, G ) ;
Neon Genesis Evangelion ;
Dragonball ;
Saint Seiya ;
Slam Dunk ;
Ah Megami sama ;
Captain Tsubasa ;
One Piece (irregularly) ;
Doraemon ;
Atashin'chi ;
Naruto (several episode but couldn't get into it) ;
That new Maginzer Z anime ;