Mark Reads Discworld

Welcome to the Sir Terry Pratchett Forums
Register here for the Sir Terry Pratchett forum and message boards.

Tonyblack

Super Moderator
City Watch
Jul 25, 2008
Cardiff, Wales
Yes, I'm enjoying this one, although I have never read the book. However, I did recall an old TV series called The Voyage of Charles Darwin and managed to find it on YouTube. I understand that Voyage of the Beagle is one of the easiest of Darwin's books to get into. I have it on my Kindle and will try and get to it soon.

Tonyblack

Super Moderator
City Watch
Jul 25, 2008
Cardiff, Wales
So, Mark is on his last DW book. I felt for him, having recently lost a very dear friend, trying to keep it together as he read chapter 2 of TSC. It was interesting that, while he was reading it, he got a text from Rob warning him of what to expect. I have so much enjoyed Mark's discovery over the last (I think) 6 years. I didn't always agree with him, especially at the start, but so much enjoyed his comments.

Penfold

Sergeant-at-Arms
Dec 29, 2009
Worthing
www.lenbrookphotography.com
I haven't watched Part Two yet but I will miss my Sunday morning Mark Reads when he is done. He did give another perspective on the books and I saw things I had missed through reading them myself. I think it was that different perspective that allowed me to actually enjoy Raising Steam whereas before, it was one of my least favourite books. I'm hoping he can do the same for me with Shepherd's Crown.

User Menu

Newsletter