Maurice in 22

Welcome to the Sir Terry Pratchett Forums
Register here for the Sir Terry Pratchett forum and message boards.

Penfold

Sergeant-at-Arms
Dec 29, 2009
Worthing
www.lenbrookphotography.com
Watched it this afternoon and thought it was great. Granted that there were changes from the book, which was only to be expected from an adaptation, but I thought they managed to keep to the spirit of Terry's work. Also quite a few easter eggs for us in the know fans to spot. :)

Some of the ones I spotted;
Bust of Sir Terry on a shelf
Painting of Great Atuin on a wall
Guest appearance of Rincewind and Twoflower (who do not get involved with the plot or film)

Other easter eggs I spotted:
Statue of The Luggage in Malicia's room
"Twurp's Peerage" on a bookstand
Right at the very end, Maurice closes and places his paw on a copy of "The Amazing Maurice and His Educated Rodents" and you can clearly see part of the author's name of "Terry Pratchett".
A friend mentioned also that Rob Wilkins voices one of the punters at The Pit.
And the "production cat" has a long and amusing name which you can see in the credits.

Penfold

Sergeant-at-Arms
Dec 29, 2009
Worthing
There is nowhere near to me where it is being showing I don't have sky to view it, I will catch it sometime later, no rush.
On another note there is the Maurice statue for sale. A bit pricy though.
The Amazing Maurice Statue – Blu Goblin
I think you can get a Now TV Cinema 1 month subscription for something like £9.99 and cancel anytime after.

I'm back after a long sabbatical with my review (copied from my Letterboxd review)

It was hard not to just give this 5* simply for being new on-screen Pratchett out there and not being a...a .... whatever The Watch was....

It's nowhere near my favourite of the books however I think this was pretty well done, great voice cast, especially Emilia Clarke both in character and as narrator. I found it a lot less dark than the source but it still felt Discworldy to me.

I loved the Pratchett and Discworld in general nods throughout, including characters I did not expect but were welcome surprises.

Not sure if any other of the stories would fit this style of animation but you never know, I just want to see more made.

https://boxd.it/3xqZ4r

Penfold

Sergeant-at-Arms
Dec 29, 2009
Worthing
......Not sure if any other of the stories would fit this style of animation but you never know, I just want to see more made.
https://boxd.it/3xqZ4r
(Apologies for editing your full quote, I just wanted to comment on one piece.)

The last I heard, the Jim Henson company were doing The Wee Free Men so I will be interested in what they do with the Feegles. Narrativia and Rhianna are both involved though, so I think it will be in safe hands. :)

EDIT: Good to see you back and I'm glad you enjoyed it.

The last I heard, the Jim Henson company were doing The Wee Free Men so I will be interested in what they do with the Feegles. Narrativia and Rhianna are both involved though, so I think it will be in safe hands. :)
That news was 2016: https://ew.com/article/2016/07/19/jim-henson-company-wee-free-men-movie/

I've a feeling the production is not moving forward very much at all.... so who knows if anything will become of it. It's possible that if nothing does happen in the next few years, the rights will revert to Dunmanifestin/Narrativia and then Rob and the others can sell them to another company.

User Menu

Newsletter