Maurice

Welcome to the Sir Terry Pratchett Forums
Register here for the Sir Terry Pratchett forum and message boards.
Jul 27, 2008
Stirlingshire, Scotland
Last edited:

=Tamar

Lieutenant
May 20, 2012
Sky has done decent work in the past, and one good thing about this being animation: for most of it, nobody has to be in the same room, so covid shouldn't interfere much with production.

RathDarkblade

City Watch
Mar 24, 2015
Melbourne, Victoria
I regret I have only but one thumbs-up to give for this wonderful news! =D

*is as excited as a very excited person who has a very exciting reason to be excited* ;)

I remember Hugh Laurie as the Prince Regent. "Lucky lucky us! Lucky lucky luck! Luck, luck luck luck cluuuuuck! Luck luck luck cluuuck!" ;)

As for this news ... well.

"Permission to shout 'bravo!' in an annoyingly loud volume, sir."
"Permission granted."

"BRAVO!"

:)

I think Hugh Laurie's turn recently as a star cruise ship vessel captain in 'Avenue 5' may a bit more like Maurice's character - or at least, bits of it. He starts off as a charming American captain, chatting with the passengers, showing leadership, but that's soon revealed to be all a facade as disasters start to unfold, as underneath, he's a neurotic British fraud who has no clue about how to captain a spaceship. It's a good fun series, although somewhat broad and cringy at times.
(It's another show by Armando Iannucci, of The Thick Of It/Veep fame, so the humour is somewhat similar)

Last edited:

RathDarkblade

City Watch
Mar 24, 2015
Melbourne, Victoria
Very exciting indeed! :) :)

I just wonder how I can watch this. I don't have Sky TV or any Sky-related stuff (except rain, hail, and other stuff that falls from the sky. Like fish, mushrooms, bedsteads...) :p

User Menu

Newsletter