Men at Arms: the gonne ?

Welcome to the Sir Terry Pratchett Forums
Register here for the Sir Terry Pratchett forum and message boards.

mattgn

Nov 3, 2009
Hello I am new to the discworld novel's and audiobooks but I have a question . In Men at Arms the gonne Is a six shot weapon with a mind of It's own. But what does It look like are there any pictures of It? I would like try and make a replica of It by using pictures and going from there . thank you

Tonyblack

Super Moderator
City Watch
Jul 25, 2008
Cardiff, Wales
Hi mattgn and welcome to the site! :laugh:

There are a couple of illustrations of it on various covers.

If you have the Josh Kirby cover of the UK book, look on the back and you'll see someone holding it. This is the best picture I could come up with.

Dotsie

Sergeant-at-Arms
Jul 28, 2008
What on earth?! What is Cuddy trying to do with Angua? And is Detritus threatening to shoot Carrot?

I have to scrub that picture from my retinas :eek:

kakaze said:
Well, there's this one:

http://www.lspace.org/ftp/images/bookco ... arms-2.jpg

but I think it's one of the American covers. I can't find any other full images.
Why is Errol on that cover? I thought he flew off into the sunset in G!G!. I initially thought it might be the dragon used as a bomb on the Assasins Guild, but since IIRC (and I might not, it's been a couple of years since I read it last) the Watch never actually had possession of that dragon in a live state, it couldn't be.o_O On a sidenote... Why is Errol being petted by Danny Bonaduce? :eek:

kakaze

Lance-Corporal
Jun 3, 2009
Dotsie said:
What on earth?! What is Cuddy trying to do with Angua? And is Detritus threatening to shoot Carrot?
It looks like Cuddy is threatening Angua with his axe, but I think he's just ready to behead the dragon if it looks like it's going to hic-up.

Detrius isn't threatening to shoot Carrot, he's retraining Cuddy by holding his leather cape.

Danny B said:
Why is Errol on that cover? I thought he flew off into the sunset in G!G!. I initially thought it might be the dragon used as a bomb on the Assasins Guild, but since IIRC (and I might not, it's been a couple of years since I read it last) the Watch never actually had possession of that dragon in a live state, it couldn't be.
You're right, they never had the "bomb" dragon (I can't remember his name at the moment), so it must be Erol.

Did anyone notice the tag on the box? It says "Have a Blast!" :p

Also, what do you think of Gaspode? What a cute little doggie!

Jan Van Quirm

Sergeant-at-Arms
Nov 7, 2008
Dunheved, Kernow
www.janhawke.me.uk
*is utterly speechless and appalled about Vimes - he's bloody Elliot Ness ? :eek: ? :devil: ? *

But Gaspode never goes in the Watch house does he? Unless it's supposed to be the Patrician's office in which case it could be Wuffles (except he's not in it) and it's not Elliott Ness... :eek: - Perry Mason as Vetinari *faints in horror* :laugh:

Oh this is a fun thread... Chubby was the dragon what blew himself up, I think... Pants, Pants Pants, lol I shall make that one into the dictionary if only by sheer volume of usage.

Wow the Kirby cover is insane.

going to bed and try not to be hungry, I may have to kill my husband tonight tho, I am sure he will be "making food" and well, it will probably send me right over the edge... where's a good knockout drug when ya need one. Just send me to oblivion for the next 5 hours until Magnesium Citrate time and well, hell, shoot me up with demerol so I don't care about what will occur.

Jan Van Quirm said:
*is utterly speechless and appalled about Vimes - he's bloody Elliot Ness ? :eek: ? :devil: ? *

But Gaspode never goes in the Watch house does he? Unless it's supposed to be the Patrician's office in which case it could be Wuffles (except he's not in it) and it's not Elliott Ness... :eek: - Perry Mason as Vetinari *faints in horror* :laugh:
Gaspode is in Night Watch... he is an exceptionally long lived dog apparently, and Yes he does go into the old watch house. :prickle prickle prickle: *There, there Jan, have a chocolate and it will all be better*

Danny B said:
kakaze said:
Well, there's this one:

http://www.lspace.org/ftp/images/bookco ... arms-2.jpg

but I think it's one of the American covers. I can't find any other full images.
Why is Errol on that cover? I thought he flew off into the sunset in G!G!. I initially thought it might be the dragon used as a bomb on the Assasins Guild, but since IIRC (and I might not, it's been a couple of years since I read it last) the Watch never actually had possession of that dragon in a live state, it couldn't be.o_O On a sidenote... Why is Errol being petted by Danny Bonaduce? :eek:
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! no idea.

User Menu

Newsletter