Merry Xmas Everybody - the schmaltzy Xmas video thread

Welcome to the Sir Terry Pratchett Forums
Register here for the Sir Terry Pratchett forum and message boards.

Morty

Corporal
Nov 17, 2009
As Christmas songs go I have to admit that I think it’s pretty good. It reminds me very much of Phil Spector’s Wall of Sound but I think you might too young to remember that sound Cheery :laugh:

Have a listen to this http://fliiby.com/file/139046/gk8exy3nkx.html and you’ll hear a good example of a very unique style of music 8)

What outburst :laugh: .......That wasn’t a forum outburst :laugh: ...... I thought you made a good point and I’ve experienced the same thing time and time again. It’s very frustrating and as the word Sony was mentioned it wouldn’t surprise me in the least if they didn’t have something to do with it :twisted:

Hope you have a great Christmas and a very Happy New Year.

Morty

Corporal
Nov 17, 2009
poohcarrot said:
You might have a crap Xmas this year Morty , but I reckon it'll be a lot better than Phil Spectre's. :twisted:
Yep better than Phil Spector’s but not as bad as you think. My 3 daughters are grown up and live miles away so I’ll miss them for sure.

It’ll be my first Christmas without a very special Lady and the first one with the aftermath of a stroke but I have a lot of very good friends who will be around to support me.

There are a lot of people worse off than me as I’ve found out on this forum so I will be making the most of every minute. As far as I can see the only time I’ll be on my own over the entire festive season is Christmas day evening and as I’ve met some very nice people on this forum I’ll be having a look in and seeing if there’s anyone around.

And if the worst comes to the worst there’s always the 1972 Morecambe and Wise Christmas Show to watch on telly :oops: ......... Wanders off to find an Emoticon of a man jumping off a tall building.

Jan Van Quirm

Sergeant-at-Arms
Nov 7, 2008
Dunheved, Kernow
www.janhawke.me.uk
Aww! :cry: You can't do better than a M&W Xmas Special though Morty - especially if they have THIS on it

Anyway - need a Xmas hit but haven't got a Xmassy song? Just do what Frankie Goes to Hollywood did and hang a nice ballady love song onto a nativity-inspired kitsch-arty spoof video and no probs - straight in :laugh:

It's a pretty crap video this but I think it's Holly Johnson dressed up as the virgin on the donkey.... Yeah I know - but really look at it and tell me it's not! If that's a girlie she hit every branch of the ugly tree as she fell out of it :twisted:

User Menu

Newsletter