missing audiobooks

Welcome to the Sir Terry Pratchett Forums
Register here for the Sir Terry Pratchett forum and message boards.

castlegate

Aug 1, 2008
Anybody know why four out of the entire abridged audiobooks read by Tony Robinson are still not published? I've got every one apart from 1. Thief of time.2 The Truth 3.The fifth Elephant 4. Carpe Jugulam. I've had them on order through amazon for nearly two years. I can get them as downloads but the qualities bad. And I cant stand Stephen Briggs voice, god how is he allowed to do it, The acsents he uses in Making Money were terrible, an irish Miss Dearheart, whats that all about? lol.

Also the recent BBC radio adaptations were really good, anybody know if they are available?

thanks

Mike

Tonyblack

Super Moderator
City Watch
Jul 25, 2008
Cardiff, Wales
Hi Mike, :)

According to Play.com Thief of Time, The Truth, and Carpe Jugulum were supposed to be released on June 30th. It seems you can preorder from there.

The Fifth Elephant seems to be available now.

Personally I disagree with you about Stephen Briggs and think that Tony Robinson is awful at reading the books - but that's just down to personal preferrence. I'd actually prefer to read the books - I can do my own voices then. ;)

The BBC in their shortsightedness never seem to make these plays available to buy. I have also enjoyed all the radio adaptations of the books. But that's the BEEB for you. :rolleyes:

User Menu

Newsletter