Nation

Welcome to the Sir Terry Pratchett Forums
Register here for the Sir Terry Pratchett forum and message boards.

Tonyblack

Super Moderator
City Watch
Jul 25, 2008
Cardiff, Wales
Re: Hayling Island Bookshop

samvimes said:
Just found out that this signing is only available to those with tickets and these have already been given out so it looks like Piccadilly it will have to be.
Hi samvimes - yes, the shop on Hayling Island really is tiny. I think I read that they are so small they can only stock one of each book. :eek:

Let us know how you get on at the Piccadilly store. Have you decided what you're going to say to Terry yet? ;)

Tonyblack

Super Moderator
City Watch
Jul 25, 2008
Cardiff, Wales

Colin said:
Tonyblack said:
I think I read that they are so small they can only stock one of each book. :eek:
Erm ... if they can only stock one copy of each book ... who got the only ticket to the signing? ;)
Terry of course! He fancied a nice quiet day out by the seaside. ;)

catrine

Lance-Constable
Jul 25, 2008

Tonyblack said:
Colin said:
Tonyblack said:
I think I read that they are so small they can only stock one of each book. :eek:
Erm ... if they can only stock one copy of each book ... who got the only ticket to the signing? ;)
Terry of course! He fancied a nice quiet day out by the seaside. ;)
there was a competition for 3 people at the front of the cue so terry must be behind them

Not the first time its happened :eek:

Swan

Sep 4, 2008
Swansea
www.baileystoyshop.co.uk
Tesco

As this book is not out till the 8th wasn't it nice to find my local tesco ad a full shelf last night.

Hope there are no prizes for weekly sales (mon-mon) as this can really split the figures

pm if you want a copy posted :laugh:

Tonyblack

Super Moderator
City Watch
Jul 25, 2008
Cardiff, Wales
Re: Tesco

Swan said:
As this book is not out till the 8th wasn't it nice to find my local tesco ad a full shelf last night.

Hope there are no prizes for weekly sales (mon-mon) as this can really split the figures

pm if you want a copy posted :laugh:
Hi Swan and welcome! :laugh:

I'll have to take a trip to my local Tesco I think. A long story, but Tesco putting their Pratchett books out too early is the reason that I got married last year. ;)

silverstreak

Lance-Corporal
Aug 1, 2008
Llanelli,Wales
Strolling through asda this morning I was rather surprised to find the long awaited Nation on sale.After a long debate with myself I finaly decided I might as well pick up a copy.The wait at the checkout seemed as long as I can ever remember and as I left the car park I think I laid some rubber down.So here we are on Sept.the fourth a proud owner of the long awaited tome.Let the joy be unconfined.

Jul 26, 2008
Got mine today from waterstones for half price which is excellent so im going to read it again, (read the proof already) :laugh: But im shocked about the ltd edition copy only available at two stores and ive got no chance of getting one, even when some get offered on ebay i bet they go for silly money, bang goes the complete collected UK editions works of Terry Pratchett, im not a happy bunny. :cry: :cry: :cry:

Dotsie

Sergeant-at-Arms
Jul 28, 2008
Re: Tesco

Tonyblack said:
Tesco putting their Pratchett books out too early is the reason that I got married last year. ;)
I remember feeling quite pleased about it myself, but Tony, I wouldn't go that far :laugh:

Tonyblack

Super Moderator
City Watch
Jul 25, 2008
Cardiff, Wales
:laugh: I did and I've just been out this morning in the pouring rain to get two copies of Nation from Tesco at £8.49 each. ;) One for me and one to take to Tucson next month for the missus.

Dotsie

Sergeant-at-Arms
Jul 28, 2008
I'm glad you said that, otherwise I wouldn't have noticed! Now if I go out to get it, & Nation is on the shelves, I'm going to have a problem ;)

But there are worse problems!

User Menu

Newsletter