Nation

Welcome to the Sir Terry Pratchett Forums
Register here for the Sir Terry Pratchett forum and message boards.

samvimes

Sep 1, 2008
St. Leonards on Sea
The book is half price at WH Smith's as well but it's also in their 3 for 2 offer. Coupled with a "get £5 off when you spend £20" coupon means I just got three copies for £12. I'm going along to Piccadilly so will hopefully pick up a limited edition but my local Waterstones have told me they are also doing another limited edition exclusive to them and released on Oct 1st. Don't know how true this is but it seems strange to release it so late after the normal hardback.

catrine

Lance-Constable
Jul 25, 2008
Jarmara said:
Borders only have £3 off but there is an exclusive Nation float pen included. I resisted, but intend to see if any pens show up on ebay.
they had the pens at the convention

catrine

Lance-Constable
Jul 25, 2008
samvimes said:
The book is half price at WH Smith's as well but it's also in their 3 for 2 offer. Coupled with a "get £5 off when you spend £20" coupon means I just got three copies for £12. I'm going along to Piccadilly so will hopefully pick up a limited edition but my local Waterstones have told me they are also doing another limited edition exclusive to them and released on Oct 1st. Don't know how true this is but it seems strange to release it so late after the normal hardback.

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh I don't want 10 copies of the same book again

and i bet the edition at the signing is only limited to the first so many

i can't imagine they would have about 300 copies of it all in one place

"Waterstone's Piccadilly welcomes Terry Prachett, where he will launch his new novel ‘Nation’ with an exclusive signing. There will be a limited edition of ‘Nation’ on sale exclusively on the day of this signing whilst stocks last. These will be on a first come first served basis, one book per customer. Please arrive early to avoid disappointment."

Found this

But does it mean they will be sold from when the store opens or from the book signing time? That is the question

And how early is early?

Tonyblack

Super Moderator
City Watch
Jul 25, 2008
Cardiff, Wales
For those of you that haven't got a copy of Nation yet and are thinking of getting one from Amazon - try Play.com instead. They have it for £8.49 with free delivery in the UK. :laugh:

lawrenson

Lance-Constable
Jul 30, 2008
Hi,

yes, I have, thanks :laugh:

It was an early morning trip to London - only to find that there wasn't actually much of a queue for them - only about 20 people altogether.
I could have got an extra couple of hours kip! :)

It would be nice if there was a list somewhere of "who has what number".

Cheers,
Karen

Tonyblack

Super Moderator
City Watch
Jul 25, 2008
Cardiff, Wales
lawrenson said:
Hi,

yes, I have, thanks :laugh:

It was an early morning trip to London - only to find that there wasn't actually much of a queue for them - only about 20 people altogether.
I could have got an extra couple of hours kip! :)

It would be nice if there was a list somewhere of "who has what number".

Cheers,
Karen
I'll start one if you like. :)

User Menu

Newsletter