New Editions of Good Omens

Welcome to the Sir Terry Pratchett Forums
Register here for the Sir Terry Pratchett forum and message boards.
Jul 27, 2008
Stirlingshire, Scotland
Feegled today from Discworld Monthly.

Dunmanifestin Editions

So what is difference between the Gollancz editions and the Dunmanifestin editions I hear you ask?

Well there are quite a few differences:

- Both of the Gollancz editions only have 12 full page illustrations. All three of the Dunmanifestin editions have 17 full page illustrations.

- Whilst only the Gollancz Special Slipcase edition is in a slipcase, all 3 of the Dunmanifestin editions come in deluxe boxes.

- The Ineffable and Celestial editions from Dunmanifestin come with a separate folio of Good Omens ephemera which is not available elsewhere.

- The Ineffable and Celestial editions from Dunmanifestin are signed by Paul Kidby AND Neil Gaiman whereas the Occult Edition (from Dunmanifestin) and the Special Slipcase edition from Gollancz are signed only by Paul Kidby.

- All three editions from Dunmanifestin are Limited Editions whereas only the Slipcased edition from Gollancz is Limited (and currently we don't know to how many)

Of course the Dunmanifestin editions will only be available from two websites, Paul Kidby and

Discworld.com

So here are the details to order yourself any one of the three editions.

The Occult Edition - With an exclusive cover, presented as a hardback in a clamshell box, with metallic red page edges, 17 full-colour illustrations with additional pencil illustrations and a numbered tipped-in sheet signed by Paul Kidby. LIMITED to 1655 copies. Release Date 20th June 2019

Paul Kidby Price includes P&P within the UK 102GBP

Discworld.com

Price 95GBP without P&P

The Ineffable Edition - with an exclusive cover. This is a stunning hardback with a deluxe presentation box, with gold page edges, 17 full-colour illustrations with additional pencil illustrations and a numbered tipped-in sheet signed by Neil Gaiman and Paul Kidby. Separate folio of Good Omens ephemera included. LIMITED to 666 copies. Release date 20th June 2019

Paul Kidby Price includes P&P within the UK 302GBP

Discworld.com

Price 295GBP without P&P

The Celestial Edition - With an exclusive cover. Leather bound hardback in an artisan presentation box, with gold page edges, metalwork corners, 17 full-colour illustrations and additional pencil illustrations with named tipped-in sheets, each corresponding to a letter of the Greek alphabet, signed by Neil Gaiman and Paul Kidby. Separate folio of Good Omens ephemera included.

LIMITED to just 24 copies, each book is handmade and as a result, there will be a production time between ordering and delivery. Price for this edition is POA so you must register your interest via the link below. Expect to sacrifice your children [or a small family car] to get this one.

Discworld.com

Some seriously expansive editions here might take your breath away, especially the Celestial Edition at just 24 copies and POA for this one, judging by the cost of The Ineffable One at £295GBP, I'm thinking that the Celestial Edition will be in the region of £500 at least and probably sell out.:eek:

RathDarkblade

City Watch
Mar 24, 2015
Melbourne, Victoria
Yes, I saw those in DM as well. I must admit - as much as I like TP, NG and PK, that's just too much for me to spend on a book, especially when I already own a 1st or 2nd edition of the book in question. Sorry. :(

Jul 27, 2008
Stirlingshire, Scotland
Nothing to be sorry about Rath, I think it's overkill with the Gollancz editions and the Dunmanifestin editions. Must be a completist's nightmare to buy them all at least over a £1,000 for all. Cash, Cow and milk spring to mind but a case of one-upmanship for the bragging rights.

Here is a link to the latest newsletter with more Aussie dates: http://www.trollbridge.film/so/76MYStNOl?cid=9d63d1dd-8f13-4ae6-8185-d21d9a5a567c#/main

=Tamar

Lieutenant
May 20, 2012
I'm interested in the contents - Gaiman said he was working to make it as free of typos as possible. :love: Although hardbacks stand up to minor abuse, they can be damaged by being slanted on a shelf too long, etc. I'd just as soon have a paperback on good paper with a secure binding, which I am informed Gaiman also intends.

=Tamar

Lieutenant
May 20, 2012
I probably was fooled, but I just bought a paperback with the movie-tie-in cover. I'm hoping that it's the typo-fixed edition, but that remains to be seen.

Jul 27, 2008
Stirlingshire, Scotland
I think it will be, I'm still trying to find out the changes in the new audio book edition, I 'm not buying the book again as I have a signed first edition hardback and a black/white cover one so I'm not going for the hat trick.:)

=Tamar

Lieutenant
May 20, 2012
I've just ordered the script edition, to see not only what was added on the screen, but what scenes were written, filmed, and then cut.

The script book and the TV companion arrived on my doorstep yesterday (I'd ordered them last week, just before the show was released). The TV companion is utterly beautiful - the script book is simply that, but it does have the "regrettably deleted scene" that they never filmed with the Other Four Motorcyclists as an appendix, which should be good fun to read.

Natsu

Aug 8, 2019
I asked for the price of the Celestial, because I was willing to pay up to 2,000. It's 6,666. To be honest, I find that an exaggeration. Limited edition, handmade and all, unless it includes a hand-painted Kidby, that price is way too high. I got Occult and Celestial, though.

Natsu

Aug 8, 2019
Just found out about these today! I do love the Celestial and Ineffable editions! Anyone have a best guess on the price of the Celestial ed.?
I asked. 6,666 sterling pounds. Way too much, I'm afraid. The Ineffable and Occult make sense. The Celestial doesn't.

User Menu

Newsletter