Night Watch Cover

Welcome to the Sir Terry Pratchett Forums
Register here for the Sir Terry Pratchett forum and message boards.

Tonyblack

Super Moderator
City Watch
Jul 25, 2008
Cardiff, Wales
Findthee Swing? ;)

And yes, number 4 is almost certainly Carcer.

Did you know that 'carcer' is Latin for prison? It's where we get the word 'incarceration' from. ;)

YES! Findthee Swing! Phew... Thank you for that! I'd be going crazy here trying to remember the name till I got home from work so I could check! My mind is like a sieve. Really. Can't remember anything! (So I guess it's a good thing I'm donatin for Alzheimer's research early. I'll cash on it in a few years time ;D)

I did know it because I studied Latin in school! 8)

Tonyblack

Super Moderator
City Watch
Jul 25, 2008
Cardiff, Wales
VesuvianRuin said:
Not numbered but bottom right is Errol. I just wanted to mention him as he is just as important as the rest!
Except that Errol isn't in Night Watch! ;) I think he's just a swamp dragon. If you look at the Rembrandt painting that this is based on, there's some sort of animal where the dragon is - a dog or possibly a large cat. o_O

Mind you, there's a little girl where Nobby is. :eek:

Jdopus

Aug 1, 2008
Belfast
Ahh, so it's based off a Rembrandt painting? That explains a lot, I often wondered why they chose that particular cover rather than something like a scene in the novel, that would explain it.
And yes, I've actually just noticed that Findthee is carrying his cane in the picture, so it must be him

User Menu

Newsletter