prize winners

Welcome to the Sir Terry Pratchett Forums
Register here for the Sir Terry Pratchett forum and message boards.

theoldlibrarian

Lance-Corporal
Dec 30, 2009
Dublin, Ireland
I'm a big fan of the Discworld novels and a new member of this site

Going Postal, Making Money and Pyramids have all won various awards but I prefer many of the Watch and Witch books? which haven't won so many awards.
Is it just me or are the prize-winning books less enjoyed by Discworld fans? and if not why?

poohcarrot

Sergeant-at-Arms
Sep 13, 2009
NOT The land of the risen Son!!
Hi theoldlibrarian

Firstly, I never knew that Pyramids, Going Postal and Making Money had won awards. I knew Maurice had.

Secondly, I personally love Pyramids and Going Postal, but Making Money just leaves me cold.

But I also love the Watch books and the Witches books and as far as I'm concerned they too should have won prizes too.

Batty

Sergeant
Feb 17, 2009
East Anglia
Welcome, theoldlibrarian!

I love Making Money & Going Postal, so am happy that they achieved the recognition that they deserved.

The greatest reward that Terry can achieve is for people to love and laugh at his books, and appreciate his skill in writing them! Awards are just yet more objects that will need dusting!!

Terry's bank managers greatest reward is for people who love Terry's book to buy them & make Terry loads of dosh!

Dotsie

Sergeant-at-Arms
Jul 28, 2008
Unless some info is missing, GP didn't win anything but Making Money did - wierd o_O

Good to see that Night Watch won something though, so there's the recognition the watch deserves :laugh:

And welcome to the site theoldlibrarian ;)

lyn

Lance-Constable
Oct 12, 2009
Melbourne Australia
I liked Going Postal.
but I think my favourites are the witch's books and the ones with Susan in them - Soul Music, Thief of Time, Hogfather. have I left any out? I think they're the only ones Susan was in.

User Menu

Newsletter