Robert Rankin

Welcome to the Sir Terry Pratchett Forums
Register here for the Sir Terry Pratchett forum and message boards.
Jul 27, 2008
Stirlingshire, Scotland
theoldlibrarian said:
I love Jasper and Pratchett but I don't love Rankin.
Each to their own Fforde did nick one of the Rankin phases which I have not quite forgot about yet even after I had a book signed by him when he was a GOH at our convention but he is an Ok guy to talk to. But for me the the Rankin beats Fforde especially when talking to him. :)

Dotsie

Sergeant-at-Arms
Jul 28, 2008
I've reserved The Antipope at the local library. Will I like it do you think, or is it like Terry where the first book is not necessarily the best place to start?

Tonyblack

Super Moderator
City Watch
Jul 25, 2008
Cardiff, Wales
Dotsie said:
I've reserved The Antipope at the local library. Will I like it do you think, or is it like Terry where the first book is not necessarily the best place to start?
I've only read a few of the rankin books and The Antipope was one of them. If it had been the first one (Snuff Fiction was the first I read) I wouldn't have bothered with any more. I really didn't think much of Antipope. Please don't let it put you off reading others. ;)

poohcarrot

Sergeant-at-Arms
Sep 13, 2009
NOT The land of the risen Son!!
The Antipope isn't the best. If you read it, then the other 7 or 8 in the Brentford trilogy, then read it again, you'll enjoy it more. :p

The more of his books you read, the funnier they get, because the same running gags always appear in every book - believe me!

I love him. :p

Oct 4, 2009
nottinghamshire, uk
Tonyblack said:
Who's Wee Dug said:
8) Tony does Dana Stabenow's only publish in the States and Canada,not someone I heard of.
I don't honestly know, Dug. I'm not aware of seeing her books over here, but they are available on Amazon.co.uk. :laugh:
Checked the library catalogue and there are several Dana Stabenow books available. Must be popular, they are all out on loan.

User Menu

Newsletter