Stand ups

Welcome to the Sir Terry Pratchett Forums
Register here for the Sir Terry Pratchett forum and message boards.

TwoShotTino

Lance-Corporal
Mar 19, 2011
Aylesbury
I'm going to see Al Murray tomorrow night :laugh: and it's made me a little curious as to who everybody's favourite stand up comedians are.
Also has anybody been to see any stand ups lately? I went to watch Ed Byrne last month, and have got tickets to see Reginald D Hunter later in the year. :laugh:

Dotsie

Sergeant-at-Arms
Jul 28, 2008
I wouldn't mind seeing Reginald D Hunter, but I think the general level in this country is a bit poor at the moment (Frankie Boyle, Andy Parsons, bleurghh! And Jimmy Carr has gone down hill).

Peter Kay is always a treat, and Eddie Izzard at his best is brilliant.

Dunno anything about Al Murray, I've never heard a word that's come out of his mouth! But I hope you enjoy it anyway :)

Nov 21, 2010
Who's Wee Dug said:
I don't like Al Murray that much when he does the pub landlord skits I just don't think he is funny,but that is just my opinion. :) But Eddie I is the dog's ballocks. :laugh:
I agree about the pub landlord, i just can't sit through it.

fids

Lance-Corporal
Apr 29, 2011
Hereford
I like Al Murray.

Billy Connelly is still the best for me. Peter Kaye can be abit repetitive.

Edie Izzard cracks me up the most out of the 'new'l ot. The Noah's arc sketch is a classic. Stripey Bars****s

Penfold

Sergeant-at-Arms
Dec 29, 2009
Worthing
www.lenbrookphotography.com
I always feel a bit of a fence sitter when it comes to Al Murray's pub landlord. I can watch him if he's on tv but I wouldn't go out of my way or pay to see him.

I saw Jimmy Carr a while back and thought him fairly good value for money, but like Dotsie said, he just wasn't as good as his last tour and seems to have gone down a bit. This could be to do with the amount of tv work and constant touring he does, and maybe a short holiday would see him back to his best.

I would really like to see Dara O'Briain live. I've watched a couple of his DVDs and it seems he spends most of his time being spontaneous with the audience.

On that subject, I did see "Paul Merton and chum's Improvisation Show" last year. It's based on the old "Whose Line is it Anyway?" format and I can honestly say that I don't think I've ever laughed so long, loud, and consistently for two hours. If he tours again, its well worth the money! :laugh:

Temple_maiden

Lance-Corporal
Dec 31, 2010
Sarah Millican
Russell Howard

There are others, but those are the names I can remember. Usually when they come on telly we just go "Oh, it's him!" Or her, as the case may be.

pip

Sergeant-at-Arms
Sep 3, 2010
KILDARE
Been to see Dara O Brien twice and the man is brilliant. Ed Byrne isn't too bad either but i have issues because people said i used to look like him.
Can't beat Billy Connolly though. :laugh:

User Menu

Newsletter