SPOILERS Star Trek: Into Darkness **SPOILERS**

Welcome to the Sir Terry Pratchett Forums
Register here for the Sir Terry Pratchett forum and message boards.

Tonyblack

Super Moderator
City Watch
Jul 25, 2008
Cardiff, Wales
Star Trek is the only show I've seen where people lock their hands together to hit someone. And it was never a good idea to look too closely at who was fighting in those wide shots. :laugh:

Jan 13, 2012
South florida, US
www.youtube.com
Superman did it in his final blow on doomsday just before he died. Thats the only other time I can remember though. :laugh:

They still made Khan somewhat sympathetic. That they basically kidnapped his crew and forced him to build weapons for them.

for the ship, I heard the name venture (though it could have been vengeance), but that was in reference to a ship entering the dock i think.

For me the spot the reference game just added to my enjoyment. I was giggling like mad when they said Section 31. :laugh:

raisindot

Sergeant-at-Arms
Oct 1, 2009
Boston, MA USA
Dotsie said:
It was indeed, but despite the gap of several episodes between the two, the stardates are actually very close together. So I'm wondering, does this mean that as they've just met Harry Mudd, they've also just encountered tribbles for the first time? :think:

So I'll see your geek, and raise you a nerd ;)
Oh, master, I humbly accede my inferior geekiness to your obviously superior nerdiness. :laugh:

Catch-up

Sergeant-at-Arms
Jul 26, 2008
Michigan, U.S.A.
Finally got to see this last night, and it was... AWESOME! :laugh: Not being a ST geek or even having seen most of the original movies, this was all new to me. Hubby got the references, but he seemed to enjoy them. He said it was a good mix of old and new and he was really expecting not to like it. I loved the funny scenes, especially Scotty having to run so far. :laugh:

Latest posts

User Menu

Newsletter