Sunday Afternoon TV Series

Welcome to the Sir Terry Pratchett Forums
Register here for the Sir Terry Pratchett forum and message boards.

jonesh

Feb 5, 2009
can anybody remember what the tv series was called in the 1980's on a sunday afternoon, i cant remember even what it was about but i remember it being really good and Terry Pratchett's name has always stuck in my head from it. thank you

Tonyblack

Super Moderator
City Watch
Jul 25, 2008
Cardiff, Wales
I think you're going to have to give us more than that to go on jonesh. :)

What channel was it on? Was it a drama? Who was init?

Welcome to the site. :laugh:

jonesh

Feb 5, 2009
none of those names seem to ring a bell. i honestly cant remember what channel it was on or even what it was about but i remember it was great. sorry for doing everybody elses heads in aswell as my own.
i dont think it was a drama though.
it was cartoony not real people.

Jan Van Quirm

Sergeant-at-Arms
Nov 7, 2008
Dunheved, Kernow
www.janhawke.me.uk
Wyrd Sisters was televised in the late 80s/early 90s (I think) and it was on Sunday afternoons as well - that bit I am certain of. Did it have the witches in it jonesh? I'm pretty sure that was on Channel 4 too - or ITV anyway as there were commercials

Tonyblack

Super Moderator
City Watch
Jul 25, 2008
Cardiff, Wales
Jason said:
Soul Music and Wyrd Sisters were not broadcast until April 1997. We talked about it way back in Issue 1of Discworld Monthly
Well that would explain why I didn't see them when they were on TV.

In that case, I can't imagine what it is that jonesh saw all that time ago. o_O

Jan Van Quirm

Sergeant-at-Arms
Nov 7, 2008
Dunheved, Kernow
www.janhawke.me.uk
I could have sworn the animated Wyrd Sisters programming (and it was definitely on a Sunday pm) was earlier than 1997 as I graduated that year and I would have said it was well before that (although I suppose Wyrd Sisters wasn't published until the later 1980's early 90's *shrugs*.

Ah well no doubt the oracle (aka Jason) is bang on and my leetle grey cells are faulty as usual... :laugh:

User Menu

Newsletter