Surprised to Enjoy

Welcome to the Sir Terry Pratchett Forums
Register here for the Sir Terry Pratchett forum and message boards.

Penfold

Sergeant-at-Arms
Dec 29, 2009
Worthing
www.lenbrookphotography.com
I was a bit stuck for a tv program to watch one evening and was generally channel hopping when I came across 'Forged in Fire', a program where metalsmiths of various smithing disciplines compete to forge the best historical weapon. It's not something I would normally have watched but I found it both compelling and interesting and these days, I rarely miss an episode.

So I was wondering what tv programs you watch (or films that you have watched) that you found surprisingly enjoyable.

Jul 27, 2008
Stirlingshire, Scotland
There were some Finnish blacksmiths giving demonstrations, and letting people have a go in there workshop outside the convention centre at the 2017 the anvil and fire pit are out of view thought I had some more but can't find them. 20170811_182536.jpg WorldCon.

=Tamar

Lieutenant
May 20, 2012
New #4

"I love the phrase "forge the best historical weapons." Sounds like something Albert Spangler would have done..."

I am certain that they knew about the double meaning, because that is exactly what they are doing - making copies good enough to be museum-quality fakes, if they were the sort of people who would do that.

User Menu

Newsletter