Terry at the tory conference

Welcome to the Sir Terry Pratchett Forums
Register here for the Sir Terry Pratchett forum and message boards.

windle poons

Lance-Constable
Sep 15, 2008
Hertford
Note to self remember to pu links in posts where relevant
Did anyone see the speach on tv I hope it does some good but wonder how much the invitation was due to the torys caring about AD or was it just bandwagon jumping
Bob

Mar 12, 2009
Darkest West Sussex
Very odd and small world:

I met with a friend yesterday having not seen her for a while. We got onto talking about books and, inevitably, Pterry's books (I introduced her to them about eleven years ago, but not to her taste, sadly). She then told me that she met him at the Tory conference as she was doing the event management. It was she that cued him onto and brought him off the stage (as Rob had gone into the auditorium, apparently). He asked that she do it specifically as he would remember her face.

She's being doing this type of thing for many years and heard countless speeches by umpteen (I've been told this is a big number) people. She said that Pterry's speech was the first that almost brought her to tears (and that he's a very nice man :laugh: ).

Tonyblack

Super Moderator
City Watch
Jul 25, 2008
Cardiff, Wales
Stultus Saxum said:
Very odd and small world:

I met with a friend yesterday having not seen her for a while. We got onto talking about books and, inevitably, Pterry's books (I introduced her to them about eleven years ago, but not to her taste, sadly). She then told me that she met him at the Tory conference as she was doing the event management. It was she that cued him onto and brought him off the stage (as Rob had gone into the auditorium, apparently). He asked that she do it specifically as he would remember her face.

She's being doing this type of thing for many years and heard countless speeches by umpteen (I've been told this is a big number) people. She said that Pterry's speech was the first that almost brought her to tears (and that he's a very nice man :laugh: ).
What a lovely story! :laugh:

User Menu

Newsletter