Terry Pratchett on Second Life to promote Nation

Welcome to the Sir Terry Pratchett Forums
Register here for the Sir Terry Pratchett forum and message boards.
Jul 26, 2008
Planet Jendall
I use Second Life a lot and there is NO WAY I would miss Terry on the Nation on SL on Thursday 9th October at 8pm

There is going to be a treasure hunt as well with the chance to win cool stuff!
If anyone comes on to Second Life, you will see me there as Pagan Umarov.

Jul 26, 2008
Planet Jendall
yes it is BST tony

info is from this site.

I have people in SL going by the name of Weatherwax and Morpork also the Hogfather and Commander Vimes. the fans are out there!

Jason

Special Constable
Jul 10, 2008
Pontarddulais - Wales
discworldmonthly.co.uk
I've visited the Island in second life - it looks good actually - all the bits you expect to see are there, including the wreck of the Sweet Judy, the talkative parrot and the grandfather stone. If you go for it and follow the instructions you can find a set of clues that allow you to enter a competition.

Jinx

Lance-Corporal
Jul 27, 2008
Glasgow, UK
I got myself onto this last night. The island is fantastic, they even have at least one tree climbing octopus. I accidentally discovered the last clue of the treasure hunt as soon as I arrived on the island, though that didn't stop me seeking out all the rest. =D

I just discovered that someone is building Ankh-Morpork, and their looking for help building it.
Uh I'm still a newbie on 2nd Life, but here is the "SLURL" - http://slurl.com/secondlife/Ankh%20Morpork/91/96/40

Jul 26, 2008
Jason said:
I don't use 2nd life that much but I am on 2nd life as "Trago Mills" so please feel free to add me as a friend.

If you do add me please PM me first with your 2nd life name so I know who it is that is trying to be my friend!
Trago mills :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: you havnt shopped there have you :laugh: :laugh:

Jason

Special Constable
Jul 10, 2008
Pontarddulais - Wales
discworldmonthly.co.uk
The_Discworldaholic said:
Trago mills :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: you havnt shopped there have you :laugh: :laugh:
Might have done once or twice. We sometimes holiday in Bovey Tracey which is only a couple of miles down the road from Trago Mills. So when I was looking to create a character name and saw Mills was available as a surname Trago seemed the most obvious first name.

Jul 26, 2008
lol i like your style i used to live in newton abbot and torquay, so trago was a popular haunt, used to get some real good bargains there, like signed editions of soul music in the remainder stock and maskerade for that matter, best buy i ever had from there. But then they got real popular and put the prices up on everything, which was ashame really.

Jul 26, 2008
Planet Jendall
Jinx said:
I got myself onto this last night. The island is fantastic, they even have at least one tree climbing octopus. I accidentally discovered the last clue of the treasure hunt as soon as I arrived on the island, though that didn't stop me seeking out all the rest. =D

I just discovered that someone is building Ankh-Morpork, and their looking for help building it.
Uh I'm still a newbie on 2nd Life, but here is the "SLURL" - http://slurl.com/secondlife/Ankh%20Morpork/91/96/40
Hi Jinx.
What's your name in-world. Say hi if you are there. I am Pagan Umarov.
:)

Jinx

Lance-Corporal
Jul 27, 2008
Glasgow, UK
rentawitch said:
Jinx said:

Hi Jinx.
What's your name in-world. Say hi if you are there. I am Pagan Umarov.
:)
Jinx Caerndow, I'm just downloading an update, then I will be online.

User Menu

Newsletter