Terrys daughter

Welcome to the Sir Terry Pratchett Forums
Register here for the Sir Terry Pratchett forum and message boards.
Oct 13, 2008
Devon
I am not a cat person, I prefer dogs. I enjoyed reading about Terry's cats though. Our next door neighbours have had many cats over the years, mostly strays who arrived then stayed. Some of them even came in here a lot. At least if they were in here they weren't after my garden birds. :laugh:

Dotsie

Sergeant-at-Arms
Jul 28, 2008
Jan Van Quirm said:
Want to cry now! :cry:
I lost my all black Brit long-hair Loki a couple of months ago and I've decided not to get another cat for a while - that I will have to stick to as I'm not really able to look after a feline at this time, but this has got me all nostalgic... :(
Jan that's really sad :( Cats can be really good company, I hope you can get another friend soon.

Oct 13, 2008
Devon
I couldn't find another Avatar small enough to work, but I don't dislike cats at all. Though I may try to find a dog one, but witches always have cat's :laugh:

Jan Van Quirm

Sergeant-at-Arms
Nov 7, 2008
Dunheved, Kernow
www.janhawke.me.uk
Dotsie - *hugs* I hope so too but I have an 'elderly' springer spaniel (inverts 'cos he doesn't think he is! :) ) who's also diabetic and so not really fair to inflict a new little hellion to the family just now. Rowley would probably love a kitten but I'm feeling my age now and I don't think I could cope with 2 animals charging around 'bonding' some how :oops:

Jan Van Quirm

Sergeant-at-Arms
Nov 7, 2008
Dunheved, Kernow
www.janhawke.me.uk
:laugh: He sounds lovely Chris - cats may be easier to cuddle but dogs are there just 'cos they love you and not 'cos they want a warm up...
Gotta love cats - they're horrible little egoists but they have such style ;)

(I wouldn't let a cat within clawing distance of an ileostomy bag though *shudders*)

Catch-up

Sergeant-at-Arms
Jul 26, 2008
Michigan, U.S.A.
Thanks for the article Tony! :laugh: I've never read that before. It was great. We're cat people too. Now, saying that I have to also say that we love dogs. It's just that we love other people's dogs. We did own a Samoyed for several years. He was a rescue and hands down the most loving, well behaved dog I'd ever known. We lost him early this year to old age. :( But, we won't be getting another dog. I always felt like he never got enough attention, which made me feel guilty. Not to mention the cost and work that you need to put into a dog is substantial! I could have fed a small nation on the grooming costs alone. :eek:

Nienna

Lance-Constable
Dec 15, 2008
Northern Ireland
Rhianna was involved with Firefly?? I was wondering why so many of you were interested in the Serenity comics! Lol. I loved Firefly but the emphasis was always on Joss Whedon, so I never bothered to find out who else was involved with it. What did she do?

Sorry to dig up an old thread, but Wow, ty. I have saved the article in my text documents. I had a feeling he liked cats due to Deaths' reactions to cats and now it comes together. Nothing wrong with a good dog either, when I was little we had a Cat first, then got a dog. OMG what a comedy routine they were together. :laugh: :laugh: We have a Mess of barn cats (outside) and two completely neurotic cats inside the cabin who ... oh what would be the word... well, suffice to say that they are kept separate. What a chore that is too. One cannot stand Any other cats and the other is Afraid of all other cats but, for some unfathomed reason wants desparately to be friends or at least share the same space as the other. :laugh: o_O

Baby Bear, the fraidy cat will fling her Huge fat body at the door of Momma Cat, (see how inventive we are with names???) until my bedroom door opens and Momma Cat will then climb to the top of the closet cupboard and stay there until Baby Bear is forcibly removed. I suspect that when we are not home, they play about and have far more fun than we can imagine.

Reading the bit about the cat sitting in TP's Drawer while he writes is a Hoot! I just adore the man, his wife and his daughter. Even More now. :laugh:

Apr 29, 2009
London
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

I just tried Google Images for Lyn, and there's nowt. Nada. Zip. Zilch.

She's obviously a very private person. Neither she or their daughter wanted to appear in the Alzheimer's programme that Terry did for the BBC recently.

Latest posts

User Menu

Newsletter