Terrys daughter

Welcome to the Sir Terry Pratchett Forums
Register here for the Sir Terry Pratchett forum and message boards.

nickinwestwales

Lance-Constable
Jan 9, 2011
Only a long term cat feeder ( the word owner is,in this context,meaningless)could have written Greebo-the distilled essence of tomcat.
We too are serial cattists-they appear at the back door,looking to be one more missed meal away from death and stare meaningfully at you until you get the hint and put out some food--two weeks later (with a dose of Front Line and a shot of wormer) they are competing with you for bed space,the chair by the radiator,food (Esme W. is especially fond of chicken,Lucozade (..?????..) cold tea and left-over cereal milk-late & lamented Ogg (old Oggle was my favourite ) -a particulaly derelict example-would follow a moroccan woodbine round the room,sitting on each recipients chest and inhaling deeply-I suspect it eased her arthritis,Mewsli & Alley are both desperate for affection but much given to dribbling and daft as a box of rocks

ATB
Nick

Feb 21, 2011
I remember reading an article Rhianna Pratchett wrote for Hotdog magazine about fantasy films where she described Conan as a Marvel Comics creation! Being a huge Robert E. Howard fan and a bit of a pedantic tit at the time I took great exception to that ;)

RhiannaP

Feb 23, 2011
Pearwood said:
I remember reading an article Rhianna Pratchett wrote for Hotdog magazine about fantasy films where she described Conan as a Marvel Comics creation! Being a huge Robert E. Howard fan and a bit of a pedantic tit at the time I took great exception to that ;)
I don't normally post. Actually, I never post. But I couldn't have my fantasy knowledge besmirched in such a way, Pearwood :)

The exact wording (because you’re not the only pedant and I’m reading it from the magazine in question) was ‘Arnie doesn’t get to speak too much as the comic- hero Conan' which isn’t really the same as saying he was the creation of Marvel Comics. Unfortunately, there’s not enough space in these kinds of articles to go into details about the full lineage of a character. I’d also put forward that when it comes to the Hogdog audience, Conan’s better known (rightly or wrongly) from his life in the comics (which started in 1970 and are still ongoing) than he is from the original tales.

I adore Robert E. Howard and Conan (it’s amazing how often he comes up in job interviews) and I wouldn’t want anyone to think I didn’t know what I was waffling on about! :) Albeit 6+ years ago.

I hope I’m forgiven.

Rhianna

PS. Just to address something else that came up in this thread, I never worked on Firefly the TV series (sadly, since I *heart* Whedon) I worked with a games developer called Firefly. Much less impressive, I know.

Feb 21, 2011
RhiannaP said:
I don't normally post. Actually, I never post. But I couldn't have my fantasy knowledge besmirched in such a way, Pearwood :)
Oops, now I feel guilty :oops: As I said, I was a bit of a pedant when I was a teenager and I've since wised-up considerably :laugh: It was a very entertaining article by the way, even though I was disappointed Willow didn't make an appearance in your top 10.

Jan Van Quirm

Sergeant-at-Arms
Nov 7, 2008
Dunheved, Kernow
www.janhawke.me.uk
Hi there Rhianna - *tries and fails to resist urge to gawp largely!* :oops: We often wonder if the family ever look in on the forum :laugh:

Pearwood - I think pedantry is much maligned, especially for teens as it shows you have a passionate interest in whatever it is you pedant about :twisted:

RhiannaP

Feb 23, 2011
Thanks, I appreciate the welcome :)

DaveC - A friend of mine who runs my Facebook group has me on his Google alerts and mentioned the post.

deldaisy

Sergeant-at-Arms
Oct 1, 2010
Brisbane, Australia
Okay... have to admit... saw the Rhianna P tag and thought "I remember this thread... will post about Mr. Bean's daughter (cause I use Mr. Beans pics) and Terry's daughter both being totally gorgeous despite thier dad's .... um .... I mean... ummmm..... shut UP Del
ummm..

Welcome to the site Rhianna :laugh:

Ohhhhhhhhhhhh as a newbie... don't forget to register with Tony to have a little pin put on your location ...OH! and so you can go on the Birthday Thread! :laugh:

What? A newbie is a newbie!

*gawps largely.... purely for Jan's sake*

User Menu

Newsletter