The Discworld in Leatther bound?

Welcome to the Sir Terry Pratchett Forums
Register here for the Sir Terry Pratchett forum and message boards.
Jul 26, 2008
Tonyblack said:
Is this the company that produced Maskerade and spelled the name wrong on the cover? :eek:

Welcome to the site giuliano! :laugh:
Yep thats the one Tony, give them credit though they got it right on the second attempt :)

Jul 26, 2008
Tiffany said:
Hi to anyone new here from me as well. :)

That'll make the misspelled Maskerade a collectors item then. :laugh:
Well in book collecting terms it does, but its a surprise how little they sell for concidering how many got through like that, maybe one day people will realise and the price will sky rocket.

Indi75

Mar 17, 2009
Hi,

I've been searching for the 'other' 18 having owned the first 6 for some time, and they really have become quite the collectors item.

There's a few strays kicking around for £10-15 each, but a full set of 18 books is normally expected to fetch in excess of £850-£1000.

There seem to be a lot of folk with 7-18 or 1-6 and a few odds and sods, but seldom do I find someone with all of them.

Personally I think they are beautiful, but the costs of the books following the cessation of print, combined with the current financial squeeze means they are from from a top priority at the moment.

I'm also loathe to start collecting extra books when there will always be several not released in this format.

giuliano

Mar 1, 2009
wow, If you own the first 6, then getting hold of the rest isn't all that hard (I've had to hunt down all 18 just recently and only need to find Equal Rites and Sourcery now)
Numbers 10-18 are still in print and pretty cheap, then it's only 7, 8 and 9 that you'd need.
There are loads of no. 7 Pyramids around for about £15-£20 and no. 8 Guards Guards isn't too sparse yet (goes for about £20-£30) so it's just Eric that's rare and goes for about the £40-£50 mark

The first 6 rarely go for under £70 I've noticed (all of this is from scouring eBay by the way)

My only problem with the books is they're really fragile - I've had a few arrive with bent corners and dents... so they really need to be packed well when they're sent

Did anyone contact Paul Kidby re: additional books in the Unseen Library series? I'd be interested, too.

BCA is down to 7 titles: Moving Pictures, Reaper Man, Witches Abroad, Small Gods, Maskerade, Interesting Times, Soul Music. For the rest you'll have to search & shop.

Just a bit of a warning: I have found BCA to be very poor on customer service. And most of the bumping I've seen is because they pack and handle very poorly. Be prepared to return the ones you receive and ask for better copies if you buy from them.

Jul 27, 2008
Stirlingshire, Scotland
NoCoolUserName said:
Did anyone contact Paul Kidby re: additional books in the Unseen Library series? I'd be interested, too.

BCA is down to 7 titles: Moving Pictures, Reaper Man, Witches Abroad, Small Gods, Maskerade, Interesting Times, Soul Music. For the rest you'll have to search & shop.

Just a bit of a warning: I have found BCA to be very poor on customer service. And most of the bumping I've seen is because they pack and handle very poorly. Be prepared to return the ones you receive and ask for better copies if you buy from them.
Hi NoCoolUserName I'm a bit Confucius
about why would anyone contact Paul Kidby about Unseen Library series additional books. I Have obviously missed something here. o_O

bain

Feb 10, 2010
unseen library books

Hi all, I have the first 9, all first editions, am i right in thinking that the other 9 are still quite easy to get ahold of ?

MrsJ

May 20, 2010
Complete set of 18 Leather Unseen University books for sale

I have the complete set of of 18 leather bound Unseen University books. All in immaculate condition having never been read... just placed carefully on a bookshelf and admired from afar. If anyone is interested in giving these a good home, contact me directly with a sensible offer.

User Menu

Newsletter