The Discworld Word Game

Welcome to the Sir Terry Pratchett Forums
Register here for the Sir Terry Pratchett forum and message boards.

=Tamar

Lieutenant
May 20, 2012
RathDarkblade said:
(Just wondering about the rules. For our replies, can we use the last letter - "y" in this case - to the start of a surname?)
I don't think so. You can begin with the surname, and then give the first name if necessary, but the connecting letter (or symbol, in some cases we've allowed) must begin the new word.
Eric Thursley => Young Sam

RathDarkblade

City Watch
Mar 24, 2015
Melbourne, Victoria
All right. So for Young Sam, I can say "Maccalariat, Iodine" but not "Iodine, Maccalariat"? :)

What about honorifics? For instance, can I say "Miss Iodine Maccalariat"? Just wondering.

Young Sam => Miss Iodine Maccalariat

(LOL... I just love the character, by the way. There are so many recognisable things about her. I'm sure I've run into a few Miss Maccalariats in the past - they often seem to work in health insurance nowadays! :)

P. S. Oh, yes ... is it possible that Miss Maccalariat might be related to any of the Vogons?)

=Tamar

Lieutenant
May 20, 2012
I feel that honorifics should be restricted to those which are significant. For instance, Glenda would not be Miss Glenda because use of the honorific is not a major part of her character. "Miss Maccalariat" would be allowed because it's her professional name (though in her case it doesn't change the letter anyway).

Miss Iodine Maccalariat =>Tom, Old, UU bells, main

User Menu

Newsletter