The Discworld Word Game

Welcome to the Sir Terry Pratchett Forums
Register here for the Sir Terry Pratchett forum and message boards.

=Tamar

Lieutenant
May 20, 2012
Well, it may be your provider or your server or even your program, but it's definitely on your end because I clicked on it and it still works for me. Have you cleared cookies?

Apples of Discord => Dwarf Bread Museum

=Tamar

Lieutenant
May 20, 2012
I think the other thing that sometimes needs clearing is a cache. Still, the Internet gives, the Internet taketh away, mysterious are the ways of the Internet.
Hi, Mixa!

Evadne Cake => Edificeering

RathDarkblade

City Watch
Mar 24, 2015
Melbourne, Victoria
Hi Mixa! *waves* :)

The L-Space Wikipedia giveth and the L-Space Wikipedia taketh away. Blessed be the name of the L-Space Wikipedia. ;)

Is there a way for me to contact the people who maintain it? I can't reach it, but maybe I can email them to let them know about the fault. Maybe they can fix it? *crosses fingers*

Edificeering => Gaspode the Wonder Dog

RathDarkblade

City Watch
Mar 24, 2015
Melbourne, Victoria
Thanks, =Tamar! I emailed this person ... and it bounced?? It tells me:

========================================
Address not found
Your message wasn't delivered to sanity@affordable-prawns.co.uk because the domain affordable-prawns.co.uk couldn't be found. Check for typos or unnecessary spaces and try again.
========================================

What the *heck* do affordable prawns have to do with lspace? I'm even more confused. :confused:

=Tamar

Lieutenant
May 20, 2012
It looks like the reason will not be addressed soon, then. His ID photo looks very youthful. Possibly he is busy with something like school or getting a job and the hobby has been let slide. But the site works for me, so I don't really think it's a site problem, especially since it used to work and I doubt that you have had a major upgrade to your computer system that may have caused it.Because if you had, then that might have been the first thing to come to mind.
I know that my Yahoo account will often do something very weird and after a few days it settles out again, as whoever was in the Mess Things UpToday crew has whatever they did reversed and put back to normal, or at least, made to work.

"Affordable prawns" is a joke, a relic of the old afp group, so now I'm thinking that he is using an old photo and may be a lot older than that, which could imply an entirely different set of reasons why his email address has changed.
Prawns are one of the quieter running jokes in Discworld (usually having to do with someone ordering prawns delivered and they spoil, or Ridcully thinks that happened). There were a lot of in-jokes on alt.fan.pratchett, e.g., people would have status lines in their signature files that gave relationship cues based on their online conversations. One version had people who were very friendly but not actually dating being each other's "Tolerable Frog" (from the joke, "I have given up the search for a handsome prince and will settle for a tolerable frog"). Multiples of such relationships existed, so a sig line could include something like "tolerable frog to x, rapturously engaged to y, raptorally engaged to z, member of p's guardsmen" (some of these I just made up because it's been over twenty years and I forget the details).

Where were we? Oh yeah...
Gaspode the Wonder Dog => Ge Fordge's Compenydyum of Sex Majick

User Menu

Newsletter