The First Dutch Discworld Convention.

Welcome to the Sir Terry Pratchett Forums
Register here for the Sir Terry Pratchett forum and message boards.

Jan Van Quirm

Sergeant-at-Arms
Nov 7, 2008
Dunheved, Kernow
www.janhawke.me.uk
There's all sorts of health and safety stuff too - have to check in any heavy duty weapons (scythes and possibly broomsticks ;) ) for just wandering around the hotel and convention rooms. At Birmingham they let you have them back for the Maskerade but I'm not sure whether they're having one for this? o_O

However - I'm not going in for the Maskerade even if they do have one, so I'll only dress up inside and for the posh din-dins :laugh:

Jan Van Quirm

Sergeant-at-Arms
Nov 7, 2008
Dunheved, Kernow
www.janhawke.me.uk
Do you remember that young lady dwarf we were talking to the 1st day of the convention Sjoerd? She was carrying a cardboard axe but she had a better-looking 'toy' battleaxe too (she went in for the Low King contest) and she'd had to leave that with the gophers HQ for safekeeping until she went on stage

Tonyblack

Super Moderator
City Watch
Jul 25, 2008
Cardiff, Wales
I see there's a bunch of folk from the Cunning Artificer's board going to the convention. :laugh: I know a few of these people personally and they are good folk. You all might want to get in touch with them before the event.

Tonyblack

Super Moderator
City Watch
Jul 25, 2008
Cardiff, Wales
My friend selkie, from the Shetland Isles is going. You couldn't meet a nicer person. I had an incredible time staying up there with her family a few years back. :laugh:

The Mad Collector

Sergeant-at-Arms
Sep 1, 2010
Ironbridge UK
www.bearsonthesquare.com
Looks good but I cannot get to a convention this year. However can I ask somebody who is going to make a couple of purchases for me?

Spend your hard-earned cash right here on lots of Discworld goodies. We have a one time limited edition sale of 2011 Discworld Convention Plushies. In the form of the Librarian and Death of Rats, these plushies will be available in 2011 at many Discworld Conventions around the world. You'll be able to pre-order them before the convention, so keep an eye on our website to see when pre-ordering is possible!
I have no idea what they will look like or how much they are but I'm a collector (and mad) so even without knowing these normally salient points I want these. Could any volunteer willing to get these and post them to me please send me a message.

Thanks

User Menu

Newsletter