The First Dutch Discworld Convention.

Welcome to the Sir Terry Pratchett Forums
Register here for the Sir Terry Pratchett forum and message boards.

meerkat

Sergeant-at-Arms
Jan 16, 2010
Pocklington East Riding Yorkshire
ok, let's get it over with!

I am NOT going to Rotterdam.

I had to cancel everything late this morning. The nurse brought a doctor with her today and they both said I shouldn't go, quoting various medical reasons.

I learnt something at least, apparantly the wound is two inches deep. They stuck something in the wound and showed me the measurement.

I feel really empty.

Tonyblack

Super Moderator
City Watch
Jul 25, 2008
Cardiff, Wales
meerkat said:

I had to cancel everything late this morning. The nurse brought a doctor with her today and they both said I shouldn't go, quoting various medical reasons.

I learnt something at least, apparantly the wound is two inches deep. They stuck something in the wound and showed me the measurement.

I feel really empty.
*HUGS* :(

I'm really sorry to hear that. Maybe they are right - is it really worth the risk? There will be other conventions and you'll hopefully be in a better position to enjoy them more. ;) What about Germany in October? That's going to be in a real castle. :)

Jan Van Quirm

Sergeant-at-Arms
Nov 7, 2008
Dunheved, Kernow
www.janhawke.me.uk
Already caught you in the other place (((((hugs))))) :cry:
pip said:
Or good ol Ireland. You'll get to say hi to me. That has to be a cheering thought :laugh:
Tonyblack said:
Yes! Ireland in Novvember! :laugh:
Vvery tempting! ;) But will your liver be able to take the battering of a weekend on the black stuff...? Hmmm - Irish stout is very good for you though, all that iron and stuff :twisted:

I must admit I've been thinking about the Irish con semi-seriously so perhaps all is not lost - it is a long, long way to August 2012 after all :twisted:

The Mad Collector

Sergeant-at-Arms
Sep 1, 2010
Ironbridge UK
www.bearsonthesquare.com
meerkat said:

I feel really empty.
So sorry to read this Meerkat, I know you were looking forward to the convention {{HUGS}} look after yourself.

meerkat

Sergeant-at-Arms
Jan 16, 2010
Pocklington East Riding Yorkshire
Dear all, thanks for the kind hugs and thoughts. I've had a cry and feel better now.

Ireland, November, my birthday is in November... bluddy hel, I should be ok by THEN!

But, as they say, life and mojitos go on.

I'll have to dig around for info on the Irish one.

I WILL meet you all, you think I'd give up that bit of fun for a mere two inch deep hole? NEVER! :laugh:

pip

Sergeant-at-Arms
Sep 3, 2010
KILDARE
meerkat said:
The hotel looks good. Never been to Ireland before.
Its a nice spot but really in the middle of nowhere. I'm planning to drive down from Kildare which will take about three to four hours . Theres a few proper old style pubs around the town there and the scenery nearby is great :laugh:

User Menu

Newsletter