The "I shall wear midnight" thread

Welcome to the Sir Terry Pratchett Forums
Register here for the Sir Terry Pratchett forum and message boards.

Tristan

Lance-Corporal
Aug 16, 2009
This is the official thread about the next Discworld book, the final story about Tiffany Aching, "I shall wear midnight".

When do you think it will be published? What do you expect from it? And if someone has any details (Who's Wee Dug :twisted: ), give them as soon as possible!

Personally I can't wait to read the book! I love Tiffany and the witches, and I'm really curious about what Pterry will think of next! And I hope it's published before the summer next year! :laugh:

Tonyblack

Super Moderator
City Watch
Jul 25, 2008
Cardiff, Wales
Terry has said that Esk will be making an appearance in the book. :)

There has been some talk of Tiffany taking over from Granny. I don't think so as Tiffany is tied to the Chalk and will always have to go back there. She is the 'Hag o the Hills' and that's where she is most powerful.

I wonder if her relationship with Roland will get stronger or weaker. o_O

OMG Tristan I LOVE that saying in your new avatar!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am going to print a huge copy of it for my brother in law! I truly enjoyed Dorfl and Constable Visit and ALL the priests arguing that athiests MUST believe in Gods in order to refute them. His reasoning was that a True Athiest would not have to worry about BEING an atheist as there would be nothing to refute.

Sjoerd3000 said:
I have never read the Tiffany novels :oops: beter get starting :p
If you start with The Wee Free Men Sjoerd, and stick through it, I can promise you will actually like them. The Pictsies are unbelievably funny and have had me running to the bathroom in order not to mess meself. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: Tiffany is also an incredibly smart witch from the start, she just does not know it yet.

Oct 10, 2009
italy-genova
Sjoerd3000 said:
Oh no, you Must read them, they are really something! You can't go on living without knowing Rob Anybody and his horde !!!
Start from the wee free man and go on in order, to see Tiffany and her relationship with Granny and other witches grow.
I love Miss Tick!!
I really can't wait to read I shall wear midnight :)

Jul 20, 2009
Lelystad, The Netherlands
CrysaniaMajere said:
Sjoerd3000 said:
Oh no, you Must read them, they are really something! You can't go on living without knowing Rob Anybody and his horde !!!
Start from the wee free man and go on in order, to see Tiffany and her relationship with Granny and other witches grow.
I love Miss Tick!!
I really can't wait to read I shall wear midnight :)
I ordered a second hand version of The wee free men today, hope it gets here soon :p Now I can go on living ;)

Oct 10, 2009
italy-genova
Who's Wee Dug said:
Its a Scottish slang word (literary meaning bouncing) which means really good which is how the Feggles speak if you have read the books so far you may come across similar words you have a problem with. :laugh:
Thanks, as a matter of fact I had some difficulty reading the free-men-talking, but I managed to understand them eventually, even if I've no idea how, thinking of it now I hope I really understood them, the sure thing is that I loved them totally, funny and adorable :laugh: (well, if they're not in your home obviously) :laugh:

Sjoerd3000 said:
Now I can go on living ;)
And I'm very happy about it!!!! :p

Tristan

Lance-Corporal
Aug 16, 2009
Come on! You have to tell us everything! Otherwise... you'll change the destiny of millions of people, causing a major... well, major problems to our world. The last time someone decided not to tell something, he caused the Financial Crisis to happen. :laugh:

Tristan

Lance-Corporal
Aug 16, 2009
Tina a.k.a.SusanSto.Helit said:
Who's Wee Dug said:
Ah! the impatience of youth,
:laugh:
Exactly... we have to remember that he has had to cut down from two books per year to just one. Think of it as an EXTREME exercise in patience. :laugh:
But when will it be published, then? Did Terry mention a date? Or a month? Probably next year, right? :laugh:

raisindot

Sergeant-at-Arms
Oct 1, 2009
Boston, MA USA
Although I haven't been as enthralled with the later Tiffany books ("Hatful of Sky," in particular, didn't hold my interest, other than the Granny Weatherwax bits), I am looking forward to seeing how Pterry concludes this series.

Meanwhile, I would opine that "Wee Free Men" ranks up there with the best 'adult' DW books. Why it didn't win a Caldecott (sp.) or some other kind of eligible top-notch young readers' book award is beyond me. It simply amazes me how PTerry was able to take the "elven milleau" he created to great success in "Lords and Ladies" and thoroughly revisit, revamp, and refine the ideas in entirely new ways. Even without the Feegles it would have been an excellent book...with the Feegles, it's got everything.

Jeff in Boston

User Menu

Newsletter