SPOILERS The Marvellous MCU!

Welcome to the Sir Terry Pratchett Forums
Register here for the Sir Terry Pratchett forum and message boards.

Tonyblack

Super Moderator
City Watch
Jul 25, 2008
Cardiff, Wales
I just re-watched Blade Trinity, a DVD I know I've watched before, but had totally forgotten. That doesn't mean that it wasn't good - it was excellent! People forget (I think) that Blade is part of the Marvel Universe, but it is. I had forgotten that Ryan Reynolds and Triple H were in this film as well as the vampire Pomeranian! Good fun and well worth watching,

Dotsie

Sergeant-at-Arms
Jul 28, 2008
Was Ryan Reynolds in that as Deadpool/Wade Wilson? I really need someone to explain the end of Deadpool 2 for me, I'm so behind on the Wolverine storyline :laugh:

I watched Venom over the weekend, very good. I'm wondering if the next film will be a Marvel/DC crossover.

Catch-up

Sergeant-at-Arms
Jul 26, 2008
Michigan, U.S.A.
The only Marvel movies we haven't seen yet are Captain Marvel and Avengers: Endgame. We've LOVED all the Avengers movies. We just don't bother with the theater anymore. We wait for them to come out on disc and watch them at home. We did try the different series that were on Netflix and for whatever reason, just didn't stick with them. We probably watched Daredevil the most. Jessica Jones was really good and I agree that David Tennant played an awesome bad guy. I can't remember why we stopped watching. I think it was a really long time in between the release of seasons?

We've seen most of the X-Men movies, except the 2nd Deadpool and the newest one out now, Dark Phoenix(?). They can get a little confusing with the reboots, and timey-wimey changes. We enjoyed the first Deadpool, but it just didn't feel like part of the overarching story. And we HATED the last Wolverine movie, Logan. It was a travesty.

Tonyblack

Super Moderator
City Watch
Jul 25, 2008
Cardiff, Wales
Was Ryan Reynolds in that as Deadpool/Wade Wilson? I really need someone to explain the end of Deadpool 2 for me, I'm so behind on the Wolverine storyline :laugh:

I watched Venom over the weekend, very good. I'm wondering if the next film will be a Marvel/DC crossover.
The character of Deadpool was sort of in one of the Wolverine films. He was in a group of special forces along with Wolverine and his brother. The storyline of that Deadpool character was pants, so Deadpool in Deadpool 2 went back in time to sort out some of the . . . less flattering roles Reynolds had played (including Green Lantern). I don't see the likelihood of a Marvel/DC crossover.

While I think of it: Into the Spiderverse is well worth watching! It's an animated film, but really, really good (it even has Stan Lee in it!).

I also hear that a newer longer End Game is coming to the cinema. The original release came very close to the box office record set by Avatar.

Tonyblack

Super Moderator
City Watch
Jul 25, 2008
Cardiff, Wales
I just watched Venom for the first time. I really enjoyed it and look forward to the sequel

Tonyblack

Super Moderator
City Watch
Jul 25, 2008
Cardiff, Wales
And I watched Spiderman Far From Home. It was very good and I will look forward to getting on DVD.

Dotsie

Sergeant-at-Arms
Jul 28, 2008
Can someone tell me, how much will I miss if I don’t watch Dr Strange? I got bored when I tried to watch it previously, and never reached the end. I also can’t remember what happened in the bit I did watch :rolleyes:. So I’m loath to buy it just to catch up with some infinity stone plot line, and the rest of the films are on my subscription channels.

Thanks!

Tonyblack

Super Moderator
City Watch
Jul 25, 2008
Cardiff, Wales
I'd say you wouldn't miss that much apart from the origin story. The explanation of what the Eye of Agamodo is and how it works is in this film (it's the Time Stone). Personally I enjoyed Dr Strange (much better than the 1970s version)

Dotsie

Sergeant-at-Arms
Jul 28, 2008
Thanks Tony. When I get a chance I’ll watch it properly. Right now, I’m up to Thor Ragnarok.

Book of the Month

Good Omens

"Pratchett’s wackiness collaborates with Gaiman’s morbid humour; the result is a humanist delight to be savoured and read again and again."

User Menu

Newsletter