SPOILERS The Marvellous MCU!

Welcome to the Sir Terry Pratchett Forums
Register here for the Sir Terry Pratchett forum and message boards.

Tonyblack

Super Moderator
City Watch
Jul 25, 2008
Cardiff, Wales
I just re-watched Blade Trinity, a DVD I know I've watched before, but had totally forgotten. That doesn't mean that it wasn't good - it was excellent! People forget (I think) that Blade is part of the Marvel Universe, but it is. I had forgotten that Ryan Reynolds and Triple H were in this film as well as the vampire Pomeranian! Good fun and well worth watching,

Dotsie

Sergeant-at-Arms
Jul 28, 2008
Was Ryan Reynolds in that as Deadpool/Wade Wilson? I really need someone to explain the end of Deadpool 2 for me, I'm so behind on the Wolverine storyline :laugh:

I watched Venom over the weekend, very good. I'm wondering if the next film will be a Marvel/DC crossover.

Catch-up

Sergeant-at-Arms
Jul 26, 2008
Michigan, U.S.A.
The only Marvel movies we haven't seen yet are Captain Marvel and Avengers: Endgame. We've LOVED all the Avengers movies. We just don't bother with the theater anymore. We wait for them to come out on disc and watch them at home. We did try the different series that were on Netflix and for whatever reason, just didn't stick with them. We probably watched Daredevil the most. Jessica Jones was really good and I agree that David Tennant played an awesome bad guy. I can't remember why we stopped watching. I think it was a really long time in between the release of seasons?

We've seen most of the X-Men movies, except the 2nd Deadpool and the newest one out now, Dark Phoenix(?). They can get a little confusing with the reboots, and timey-wimey changes. We enjoyed the first Deadpool, but it just didn't feel like part of the overarching story. And we HATED the last Wolverine movie, Logan. It was a travesty.

Tonyblack

Super Moderator
City Watch
Jul 25, 2008
Cardiff, Wales
Was Ryan Reynolds in that as Deadpool/Wade Wilson? I really need someone to explain the end of Deadpool 2 for me, I'm so behind on the Wolverine storyline :laugh:

I watched Venom over the weekend, very good. I'm wondering if the next film will be a Marvel/DC crossover.
The character of Deadpool was sort of in one of the Wolverine films. He was in a group of special forces along with Wolverine and his brother. The storyline of that Deadpool character was pants, so Deadpool in Deadpool 2 went back in time to sort out some of the . . . less flattering roles Reynolds had played (including Green Lantern). I don't see the likelihood of a Marvel/DC crossover.

While I think of it: Into the Spiderverse is well worth watching! It's an animated film, but really, really good (it even has Stan Lee in it!).

I also hear that a newer longer End Game is coming to the cinema. The original release came very close to the box office record set by Avatar.

Dotsie

Sergeant-at-Arms
Jul 28, 2008
Can someone tell me, how much will I miss if I don’t watch Dr Strange? I got bored when I tried to watch it previously, and never reached the end. I also can’t remember what happened in the bit I did watch :rolleyes:. So I’m loath to buy it just to catch up with some infinity stone plot line, and the rest of the films are on my subscription channels.

Thanks!

Tonyblack

Super Moderator
City Watch
Jul 25, 2008
Cardiff, Wales
I'd say you wouldn't miss that much apart from the origin story. The explanation of what the Eye of Agamodo is and how it works is in this film (it's the Time Stone). Personally I enjoyed Dr Strange (much better than the 1970s version)

Dotsie

Sergeant-at-Arms
Jul 28, 2008
Ok so I just watched Captain Marvel, very good, but I’m confused about the Tesseract. Goode barfs it up at the end, which I assumed was in order of events as Nick Fury’s desk was empty. But it can’t be if the tesseract was already destroyed by Thanos? So was it back in the 90’s that Goose barfed it up? Can’t really take the age of Goose into consideration....

Ok so I just watched Captain Marvel, very good, but I’m confused about the Tesseract. Goose barfs it up at the end, which I assumed was in order of events as Nick Fury’s desk was empty. But it can’t be if the tesseract was already destroyed by Thanos? So was it back in the 90’s that Goose barfed it up? Can’t really take the age of Goose into consideration....
I think the order is: 1944 - Red Skull finds the Tesseract, makes use of it. It goes down in the plane with Captain American under the arctic ice.
Some time later, Mar-vell finds it and uses it in her space ship as a power source for the engine that eventually gives Carol Danvers her powers. After the events of 'Captain Marvel', Goose has swallowed it. It gets barfed up on Fury's desk in that end-of-credits stinger, some time in the 90s. It then stays in the SHIELD vaults until 2012, when Loki uses a mind-controlled Dr Erik Selvig to steal it (and kicks of the events of the movie 'Avengers'). It then ends up in Asgard's vault, and is again stolen by Loki during "Thor: Ragnarok". He reluctantly hands it over to Thanos at the start of "Avengers: Infinity War", who then crushes it and extracts the Space stone.

In the Time travel heist of 'Avengers: Endgame', the original Tesseract from 2012 (end of 'Avengers') is again stolen by Loki who uses it to escape. Possibly we'll find out what happens next in the upcoming Disney+ series Loki in a few years' time.

Dotsie

Sergeant-at-Arms
Jul 28, 2008
Ok, I read everything up to the last paragraph, when I saw ‘endgame’ - which is my next film!

Thanks Molokov

User Menu

Newsletter