Thief of Time question (not for the squeamish)

Welcome to the Sir Terry Pratchett Forums
Register here for the Sir Terry Pratchett forum and message boards.

kakaze

Lance-Corporal
Jun 3, 2009
poohcarrot said:
Trypanophobia = fear of someone attempting to hit you with a cooking utensil? o_O
You're losing your cred as an English prof.

Trypanophobia is the extreme and irrational fear of medical procedures involving injections or hypodermic needles.

Jan Van Quirm

Sergeant-at-Arms
Nov 7, 2008
Dunheved, Kernow
www.janhawke.me.uk
kakaze said:
poohcarrot said:
Trypanophobia = fear of someone attempting to hit you with a cooking utensil? o_O
You're losing your cred as an English prof.

Trypanophobia is the extreme and irrational fear of medical procedures involving injections or hypodermic needles.
Noooo noooo! - :laugh: He's just trying to improve his smartypants quotient in a satirically English fashion whilst scorning the assistance of 'canned' smileys :p

kakaze

Lance-Corporal
Jun 3, 2009
Jan Van Quirm said:
Noooo noooo! - :laugh: He's just trying to improve his smartypants quotient in a satirically English fashion whilst scorning the assistance of 'canned' smileys :p
In that case, I would have said that it was the fear of trying new types of pans and other cookwear.

poohcarrot

Sergeant-at-Arms
Sep 13, 2009
NOT The land of the risen Son!!
poohcarrot said:
attempt = try
cooking utensil = pan
kakaze said:
In that case, I would have said that it was the fear of trying new types of pans and other cookwear.
And there we have a graphical example of the difference between US/UK humour.

Mine needs thought. Kakaze's doesn't. :laugh:

raisindot

Sergeant-at-Arms
Oct 1, 2009
Boston, MA USA
Jan Van Quirm said:
He's just trying to improve his smartypants quotient in a satirically English fashion whilst scorning the assistance of 'canned' smileys :p
Mmmmmm...canned smileys.

Speaking of canned smileys, a moment of silence, please, for the passing of Donald Goerke, 83, the inventor of SpaghettiOs, one of the basic four food groups digested by generations of finicky American kids.

I dare the eyes of any American over the age of 40 not to well up with cholesterol-clogged tears of nostalgia whist recalling that immortal commercial jingle:

"It's the neat round spaghetti you can eat with a spoon: Uh-Oh! ... SpaghettiOs!"

:(

J-I-B

User Menu

Newsletter