UA - Not Loving it and feeling like traitoress

Welcome to the Sir Terry Pratchett Forums
Register here for the Sir Terry Pratchett forum and message boards.

sheilaj

Lance-Constable
Jul 27, 2008
I think the little dog (sorry, got a cold, his name escapes me) and his choice of toys make "making money" a total hit....I wonder how they will film that??????

raisindot

Sergeant-at-Arms
Oct 1, 2009
Boston, MA USA
sheilaj said:
I think the little dog (sorry, got a cold, his name escapes me) and his choice of toys make "making money" a total hit....I wonder how they will film that??????
Mr Fusspot. And I'd buy the Making Money DVD (if they ever make it) just to see the bit Mr. Fusspot buzzing across the floor during the trial scene.

J-I-B

Aug 29, 2008
Bridgwater Somerset
I think Vetinari is NOT planing to have a successor as I think we will find out that He is a Vampire and plans to run the show indefinitely... indeed in one Book it was mentioned that some people thought He was a Vampire... He met Lady Margolotta and there is something going on between them for sure, I think She bite Him when He was Younger and He is now undead! :eek:

Tonyblack

Super Moderator
City Watch
Jul 25, 2008
Cardiff, Wales
mspanners said:
I think Vetinari is NOT planing to have a successor as I think we will find out that He is a Vampire and plans to run the show indefinitely... indeed in one Book it was mentioned that some people thought He was a Vampire... He met Lady Margolotta and there is something going on between them for sure, I think She bite Him when He was Younger and He is now undead! :eek:
Not that old chestnut? :rolleyes:

I really do not believe that for a moment. What about the assasination attempts on Vetinari such as in Men At Arms and Feet of Clay? He certainly didn't act like a vampire then.

Aug 29, 2008
Bridgwater Somerset
In feet of clay He knew about the arsenic at the start and played along with the plot to expose the plotters......so maybe although it would not kill a Vampire it might make them feel sick....if you were to shoot a Vampire in the Head with a Crossbow Bolt it would make a mess and be very painful but not kill them......so who is to say if you shoot a Vampire they don't get get hurt or Bleed?

I think it is a possibility that the Man is not a normal Discworld Human, if not a Vampire then some other undead, could be a Zombie with style!

:laugh:

Aug 29, 2008
Bridgwater Somerset
Some good points BUT He has servants to do all the things like shave Him and stitch His arms back if a Zombie, A bit like in the the Movie Death Becomes Her ....

...and if He is working as a Human He could simulate being drunk to play the part to disguise the fact He is a Vampire.......

...also we have to consider that maybe the Vampires from CJ were used to alcoholic drinks ands Vetinari is not.... I know people who can either drink all night or fall down after a quick half so we can't assume that He is not a Vampire because He gets a little pished! :laugh:

Dotsie

Sergeant-at-Arms
Jul 28, 2008
mspanners said:
...and if He is working as a Human He could simulate being drunk to play the part to disguise the fact He is a Vampire.......

...also we have to consider that maybe the Vampires from CJ were used to alcoholic drinks ands Vetinari is not....
Actually we only know he was drunk because he said he was, and he'd ben drinking beer all night. And the CJ vampires tried wine once and didn't like it. And since you're saying He, are we now talking about God and not Vetinari still? :laugh:

Latest posts

User Menu

Newsletter