Unseen academicals and Scouting for trolls

Welcome to the Sir Terry Pratchett Forums
Register here for the Sir Terry Pratchett forum and message boards.

Tonyblack

Super Moderator
City Watch
Jul 25, 2008
Cardiff, Wales
SpiderFromMars said:
Is it me or is that Lord Vetinari on the cover? *hopeful grin :laugh: *
It certainly looks like him. He's got to be the ultimate referee. :laugh:

Welcome to the site SpiderFromMars. :laugh:

I think we can also see Ridcully, Rincewind, Ponder Stibbons and the Luggage. Wonder who puts the Luggage's boots on... o_O

Dec 15, 2008
Norway
Have they combed the opera house for cheerleaders? Looks like Christine and Agnes to me :)

So when can this book be pre-ordered then??
I want it...like yesterday!

Mar 2, 2009
that seems like an absolute age to wait :eek: ! sigh, but at least i can look forward to more vetinari, the patrician as referee?! *woopee!* i wonder if the luggage will be allowed to play?

thanks for the warm welcome!

Jul 26, 2008
France
www.vademecum-dm.com
http://www.paulkidby.net/NewsPage.html

Paul Kidby said:
I was surprised to recieve another revised version of the cover for Unseen Academicals yesterday. They say its not over till the fat lady sings and all that...(in this case she's waving a pom-pom).

Anyway, it transpired that Terry requested that the cover should be sepia and more 'oldey worldey' like a vintage team photo; and thanks to the magic of digital technology, the designers at Transworld have manipulated the image accordingly.

I'm just here heaving a great sigh of relief that I didn't have to re-paint the blighter, thank heavens for computers and people who know how to work them!

Tonyblack

Super Moderator
City Watch
Jul 25, 2008
Cardiff, Wales
Trish said:
This is aggravating. I can't even get Nation at Borders.

But the Luggage...? Why, that's the entire offensive line.
And a 1-valise defensive 3-4 formation.

Yes, I love football.
Trish (and any one else outside the UK) you might want to try Play.com for your books etc. They are a UK based company but they do free delivery to just about anywhere. Certainly better than paying a fortune for shipping. :)

Jul 27, 2008
Stirlingshire, Scotland
chris.ph said:
idont wrong shaped ball for me :laugh: and its the british lions tour soon yipee an excuse to go down the pub :laugh:
I think it would look better with a proper shaped oval ball. But we can't have it all.not long till we kick some Bok ass. cause they were lucky when they played Scotland the last time. :twisted:

User Menu

Newsletter