SPOILERS Unseen Academicals **Spoilers**

Welcome to the Sir Terry Pratchett Forums
Register here for the Sir Terry Pratchett forum and message boards.
Jan 1, 2010
Hons is presumably "with honours"

is Blit something that comes up in Science of Discworld - it seems to be connected to slood?

Edit to add Blit on the discwold wiki

which also suggests Unki is a place (does it get mentioned in Last Continent?)

Til

Jan 5, 2011
Trevor Likely and Jewels = The Beckhams?

Did anyone else think of the Beckhams while reading the book?

Til

Til

Jan 5, 2011
good to know I'm not the only one.

I somehow thought it should be in the Annotations if somebody else had noticed it. Or is it only the more "mysterious" annotations that go there?

Til

Dotsie

Sergeant-at-Arms
Jul 28, 2008
Loads of stuff goes into his books that reflects real life, I think it's only when people might think it's too outlandish to be true that he comments on it. The rest of it is up to us to find out for ourselves, so we can feel clever for it ;)

Til

Jan 5, 2011
Dotsie said:
Loads of stuff goes into his books that reflects real life, I think it's only when people might think it's too outlandish to be true that he comments on it. The rest of it is up to us to find out for ourselves, so we can feel clever for it ;)
oh, does this mean that there is only stuff in the annotations that are "officially" confirmed by Mr. Pratchett? Or do you refer to the maintainer of the wiki?

Til

Tonyblack

Super Moderator
City Watch
Jul 25, 2008
Cardiff, Wales
Terry rarely admits to his references. It's left pretty much up to the reader. Indeed, there's some references that people have pointed out that he's been surprised about as well. He's very well-read and it seems that some things are subconsciously put into the books.

It's like Pierre de Lancre, who was a judge in France famous for his witch hunting and writing books about witchcraft. It seems Terry has used this name to create the famous home of the witch trio in his books. But Terry claims he wasn't thinking that at all when he wrote the books. :)

User Menu

Newsletter