SPOILERS Unseen Academicals **Spoilers**

Welcome to the Sir Terry Pratchett Forums
Register here for the Sir Terry Pratchett forum and message boards.
Personally I do prefer Chapters - I need a stopping point too otherwise I wouldn't get anything done :laugh: ! As it's Pratchett I don't mind but I think that's why I like GP, MM and all the Childrens books more ... I know that my top five do not include these but they are in the top ten.
But I couldn't do what he does - with my novels - it's chapters, prologues, epilogues and acknowledgements and possibly transltion pages and historical notes ... o_O Which makes it easier for me to plan. I also like the chapters titled - but short punchy titles - not like Dickens where he practically tells the story!

lyn

Lance-Constable
Oct 12, 2009
Melbourne Australia
thanks Pooh.
just watched that bit of footage of the 1966 World Cup.
its always nice to get the background of a comment.

re the changing characters that have been mentioned.
I don't mind them growing into their changing roles as Ponder has now because he is no longer a student but has many responsibilities. he showed no modesty when Glenda said something about Pepe knowing important people. he said 'I am one'. it shows he has grown up.

I agree Lord Vetinari seemed more relaxed than in other books. he's not as uptight in his attitude. but it may have been because he was talking to Lady Magollota. he would speak differently to her than to others.

overall I enjoyed the book.

Apr 29, 2009
London
I've just become the proud owner of a signed hardback copy of Unseen Academicals!!

It came with a thank you note from the woman at the publishers, for helping with the leaflets.

Sweeeeeet. :)

Dotsie said:
No, you have to keep it! It's precious!
I have occasionally joked that I will have the worlds most valuable Discworld collection by dint of the fact that none of them are signed.

This is not for want of trying of course, it just so happened that I wasn't in town on every one of the occasions Mr P was coming for a signing. :rolleyes: It was the same when the stage production of Guards! Gaurds! with Paul Darrow was touring.

The week it came to my home town, I was moving to Hull. Where it had just finished its run there.

o_O

User Menu

Newsletter