SPOILERS Unseen Academicals ***SPOILERS***

Welcome to the Sir Terry Pratchett Forums
Register here for the Sir Terry Pratchett forum and message boards.

poohcarrot

Sergeant-at-Arms
Sep 13, 2009
NOT The land of the risen Son!!
Page 67

One of the rules Mr Nutt has for himself is
Do not stand out from the crowd

Page 86/87

Mr Nutt picks up the ball and Glenda says put it down and come away.
He should have listened to Glenda then he wouldn't have stood out from the crowd.
Instead he fails to follow Glenda advice, or his own instructions, and throws the ball smashing the post 150 yards away. :dance:

Failure! :cool:

...but you'll probably twist that failure round too, won't you Meeps? :laugh:

Batty

Sergeant
Feb 17, 2009
East Anglia
LilMaibe said:
As for the first bit: Imagine all the 'arguments' people could muster to support their claim that MM or MR are 'best book ever' is 'cause it's pratchett and you are just too stupid to realise that'. Or if the only argument you could come up with in defense of Pyramids (I btw still need to check if I got the version with the soup-add or the cleaned up one) would be that.
That is the kind of statement that is often made by someone who has no real train of thought, other than, "I AM right, I KNOW what I am talking about, and ANYONE who disagrees with me, is WRONG!"

If LilMaibe chooses to belive that however politely a disagreement is worded, there is an underlying insult attached to it, then anyone who takes part in the debate is just flogging a dead horse.

LilMaibe - people have different opinions and tend not to agree. It doesn't mean that either opinion is more justified than the other. Neither does it warrant you interpreting what is said, as containing an underlying insult.

And for the record, Pyramids is not the best TP book. Books are to be read and enjoyed -they are escapism into another world invented by the author - not carved up and analysed.

Batty

Sergeant
Feb 17, 2009
East Anglia
OK, I am wrong!! (Even though I know that it's not your favourite, just highly regarded by you)

Boo! Hoo! Sob! ... You cruel, cruel, person!!! ... ;) :crying-yellow:

Nov 15, 2011
Aust.
LilMaibe said:
I hate having to defend my opinion like this. :( I'll gladly leave you yours if you'll leave me mine and stop acting as if I'm dimwitted for seeing these errors.
I don't think you hate it, I think you're having a good time. You sent me a PM wanting to know why I hadn't posted a reply, o_O I mean, really? To me it follows that you want people to keep on a conversation with you regardless.

I don't think your comments about errors are dimwitted, I think they are superfluous.

Btw, I forgot those things Mr Nutt wasn't very good at. I don't really care that I forgot either.

happy reading :)

raisindot

Sergeant-at-Arms
Oct 1, 2009
Boston, MA USA
poohcarrot said:
LilMaibe said:
He doesn't fail. Not once. I know I stated this before often enough, but it stays how I see it.
Everything he tries he not only succeeds at, no, he also reaches heights noone before reached. He impresses everyone (except the bad guys). Everyone (again, except for the bad guys) loves/admires him in the end. For his wisdom, for his skills.
Page 13.
Nutt opens the ladder too loudly, can't hold it correctly, then traps Smeems' knuckles in it as he closes it.
Congratulations, Meebs! You finally got Pooh to come out of the Pooh Pit! :laugh:

poohcarrot

Sergeant-at-Arms
Sep 13, 2009
NOT The land of the risen Son!!
You're not a big reader, are you J-I*b? :dance:

a. Meeps has left the forum :eek:

b. You just asked Raptor about his sig. If you look at three posts above this one you'll see Sister Jen asked the same question. And if you look at the previous page of this thread, you'll see I also asked the same question. :dance:

Do try to keep up. :laugh:

poohcarrot said:
You're not a big reader, are you J-I*b? :dance:

a. Meeps has left the forum :eek:

b. You just asked Raptor about his sig. If you look at three posts above this one you'll see Sister Jen asked the same question. And if you look at the previous page of this thread, you'll see I also asked the same question. :dance:

Do try to keep up. :laugh:
Now now, be nice. don't drive more people away. ;)

and i don't mind the questions.

User Menu

Newsletter