Unseen Academicals

Welcome to the Sir Terry Pratchett Forums
Register here for the Sir Terry Pratchett forum and message boards.
Jul 26, 2008
Planet Jendall
Watchman44 said:
Just seen this on the Cunning Artificer's website, it might be of interest to those in the UK.

"The new Discworld novel, entitled 'Unseen Academicals', is scheduled for release on the 8th of October.

Football has come to Ankh-Morpork, and the wizards must rise to the challenge without the aid of magic! With a host of new characters and some jolly good pies, the book promises to prove that football is not just about the game.

To honour the launch of the book, publishers Transworld are hosting an event right here in Wincanton. The sports ground is set to be the scene of a good old-fashioned bout of the beautiful game on the 10th of October. Terry will of course be very much in attendance and we promise to keep Dibbler away from the pies! We would like to invite those who wish to attend to dust off their rattles, knit suitable scarves and polish up on songs for the terraces.

If you would like to be a part of this historic event then please let us know as soon as possible by emailing Isobel at isobel@cunningartificer.demon.co.uk so we have an idea of numbers. Accomodation will doubtless book up early so be sure to plan ahead to avoid disappointment.

As ever, streakers will be punished heavily so those who wish to come in costume will be very welcome to do so. " ;)
We are looking for people to play.....
If you can be in Wincanton on 10th October? :laugh:

Tonyblack

Super Moderator
City Watch
Jul 25, 2008
Cardiff, Wales
By the way - the US cover makes a bit more sense to me know that I've read most of the book. Although for it to make complete sense the Librarian shouldn't be in there. :laugh:

chuckie

Lance-Corporal
Jul 25, 2008
Corby
Ahh, but who's he going to discuss the book with this time? The last time he read a discworld book early, he ended up marrying his discussion mate!!!

Tonyblack

Super Moderator
City Watch
Jul 25, 2008
Cardiff, Wales
chuckie said:
Ahh, but who's he going to discuss the book with this time? The last time he read a discworld book early, he ended up marrying his discussion mate!!!
:laugh: PMSL - well I was going to PM Jason, but now you've got me worried. :laugh:

Ohnhai

Lance-Constable
Sep 17, 2009
Tonyblack said:
...If I'm honest I never cared for the Josh Kirby ones and I find the Paul Kidby ones a bit intrusive as to what the characters look like...
I second your take on the Kirby covers.. never did like them

But for me I find Kidby's take on the DW charas is very much close to my own thus I really like his DW art and if I could ever afford it would want to buy the Science of the Discworld cover original art...

User Menu

Newsletter