Unseen Academicals

Welcome to the Sir Terry Pratchett Forums
Register here for the Sir Terry Pratchett forum and message boards.
Mar 16, 2009
Gävle, Sweden
Got my copy on October 1st, but didn't finish it until now as I have been quite swamped with work.

I've not got much to say about it except, once again, Sir Terry has got a brilliant mind. I absolutely loved the book and look forward to reading it again, as I'm doing the whole series yet again.

Jan Van Quirm

Sergeant-at-Arms
Nov 7, 2008
Dunheved, Kernow
www.janhawke.me.uk
The_Discworldaholic said:
got my copy five days ago but still only up to page 48, its a difficult time for me with my dad about to die so i cant really get into it. :cry:
Am in the same boat so I feel for you hon. Perhaps it would be better to leave it for now so you don't have any 'bad associations' - then start over when you have more time and inclination? Hard to know what to do really isn't it? (((hugs for what it's worth)))

Jan Van Quirm said:
got my copy five days ago but still only up to page 48, its a difficult time for me with my dad about to die so i cant really get into it. :cry:
Am in the same boat so I feel for you hon. Perhaps it would be better to leave it for now so you don't have any 'bad associations' - then start over when you have more time and inclination? Hard to know what to do really isn't it? (((hugs for what it's worth)))
I completely agree about not reading it until things calm down. I started a book called Never Look Back by Lesley Pearse - it seemed there was a death in every fifty pages and I was reading it at the time my grandparents were dying - now I don't even want to touch the author ... scared somehow that as soon as I pick up another my surviving grandparent will also die...

Jul 27, 2008
Stirlingshire, Scotland
I know the feeling my Dad passed away a few months ago but if they are in pain, or no longer wish to be here you have got to let them go, not easy but life has to go on for you, grieve and remember, time will heal then be at peace it happens to us all if he has had a good life that is something good to remember him by.

Batty

Sergeant
Feb 17, 2009
East Anglia
Tina a.k.a.SusanSto.Helit said:
I lost my Da 10 years ago. I hope that our vibes and strength are felt by you. Know that we are with you in your pain and your trials. My vibes are purple, so when you see that colour, just remember you are cared about by someone in the world. (((HUGS)))
Nicely put, Tina.

(((HUGS))) to Discworldaholic!

Jan Van Quirm said:
Thanks folks - :)

I'm blessing the anti-D's just now. I can only cry in 15 second bursts for some reason :rolleyes:
hmm, interesting side effect. Still makes yer eyebulbs hurt tho. I think I am going to see about having my meds adjusted, my issues are resurfacing on a more radical basis than I was expecting.

(((Hugs and Tissues and try Rhoto eye drops))) They have a rather strong cooling/menthol-ish effect that can soothe well.

User Menu

Newsletter