unseen accidemicals proofs

Welcome to the Sir Terry Pratchett Forums
Register here for the Sir Terry Pratchett forum and message boards.
Jul 26, 2008
well im finding this odd, we know there is a UK proof/s of the book out there, but for the life of me i cant find a us copy anywhere, let alone seen one, this is very strange, i wonder if its to do with the subject matter of the book, if anyone has seen or knows where one is please let me know.

Tonyblack

Super Moderator
City Watch
Jul 25, 2008
Cardiff, Wales
According to Jason in the Discworld Monthly, there's actually very little football in the book (thank the gods!). I don't think it's the subject matter in that case. Are the release dates the same? o_O

Edit to add - it's out on the 6th October in the US.

Jason

Special Constable
Jul 10, 2008
Pontarddulais - Wales
discworldmonthly.co.uk
It's down to timing. In order to hit the October release date the US editors decided to reduce the burden on Terry buy taking the UK edited version. Normally the US and UK editions are edited separately and the changes are sent to Terry who makes changes to the two versions.

Therefore no US proof was created. In total only 120 proofs were created worldwide.

Jul 26, 2008
oh bugger well thats another one i wont be getting in my collection not at them prices anyway unless i win the lottery lol and we all know thats not going to happen.

Jul 27, 2008
Stirlingshire, Scotland
It's a pre print copy sent to people who proof read it to look for spelling mistakes, grammatical errors or duplicated words anything that is wrong with the book before it goes to the publisher for printing.

Uncorected proof copy in blank soft covers apart for the title with all the details and same size as the hard cover will be.

Latest posts

User Menu

Newsletter