What are Terry's First Edition HBs worth?

Welcome to the Sir Terry Pratchett Forums
Register here for the Sir Terry Pratchett forum and message boards.
Dec 31, 2008
Japan
As I'm not allowed to post in the "selling" thread, can someone tell me how much (pounds) you'd pay for this job lot;

First Edition hard backs

Mort
Wyrd Sisters
Soul Music
Guards Guards
Monstrous Regiment
Last Continemt (signed)
Pyramids

Eric - paperback
Carpet People paperback

AND how much for a first edition HB of Carpet people?

Jan Van Quirm

Sergeant-at-Arms
Nov 7, 2008
Dunheved, Kernow
www.janhawke.me.uk
I'm not altogether sure pooh but I think you can still post in HERE if you're looking to sell/trade/giving away and I suppose valuations may come into that category? Tony's not locked the new thread down - but put a big flag on there to keep the spam out?

No doubt he'll be along to help soon soon anyway :)

Tonyblack

Super Moderator
City Watch
Jul 25, 2008
Cardiff, Wales
"No Digressions" means that you can go ahead and post something you want to sell, but any further questions should be dealt with by the seller and potential buys through Personal Messaging. :)

I think that's fair as people were getting totally off topic and that's not fair to anyone trying to sell or trade things.

As to value. I've always found AbeBooks very good for that. Here's a search I did for a first edition of Carpet People.

Obviously, a book or anything else is only worth what people are prepared to pay for it and prices are likely to go up and down. :)

Jul 26, 2008
Mort £75 - £200
Wyrd Sisters £35
Soul Music £15
Guards Guards £10 - £15
Monstrous Regiment £5
Last Continemt (signed) £10 - £15
Pyramids £20 - £40

The carpet people, last one i saw on ebay went for £55 but i know it can go for several hundred on a good day, you just have to catch the right time.

Dec 31, 2008
Japan
I'm buying, not selling.

I've already got 15 first editions HB just by buying them when they come out, so I've decided to try and get every book in hardback (provided they aren't too expensive)

BTW What is the most valuable book?

Tonyblack

Super Moderator
City Watch
Jul 25, 2008
Cardiff, Wales
poohbcarrot said:
I'm buying, not selling.

I've already got 15 first editions HB just by buying them when they come out, so I've decided to try and get every book in hardback (provided they aren't too expensive)

Ah! I see. Well you can still put it on the thread if you like. I don't see any reason why people can't put what they want to buy on there as well as what they want to sell. :)

Jan 2, 2009
Problem with First Editions is the price depends on the condition. Serious collectors would demand the book and it's dustjacket be pristine. Even small knocks or dents, inscriptions, folded pages etc., will affect the price.

It can be a minefield.

Cheers, Vena

Catch-up

Sergeant-at-Arms
Jul 26, 2008
Michigan, U.S.A.
Tonyblack said:
poohbcarrot said:
I'm buying, not selling.

Ah! I see. Well you can still put it on the thread if you like. I don't see any reason why people can't put what they want to buy on there as well as what they want to sell. :)
Definitely post your wants there too! That's what it's for. :laugh:

Dec 31, 2008
Japan
Light Fantastic - Colin Smythe - Hardcover 1987
Colour of Magic- Colin Smythe - Hardcover 1989

Are these two collectable? If so, how much is a good price?

Ogg

Lance-Corporal
Jan 23, 2009
Cornwall, UK
Larking about taking pics of my books and I came across what I belive to be a first edition hardback of Moving Pictures. To be honest I simply cannot remember getting it so it may have been a gift.

Inside it states 'Published in 1990 by Guild Publishing' with no mention of republishing. Opinion's are sought, please.

User Menu

Newsletter