What have you seen recently? 3

Welcome to the Sir Terry Pratchett Forums
Register here for the Sir Terry Pratchett forum and message boards.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Christoph81

Lance-Constable
Nov 12, 2015
Who's Wee Dug said:
I just watched 9 I quite enjoyed it. :mrgreen:
I assume the puppet-movie and not the Daniel Day Lewis-one.

I've been watching a lot of live-action Disney movies lately. Peter Ustinov as Blackbeard's ghosts is hilarious.

Jul 27, 2008
Stirlingshire, Scotland
Christoph81 said:
Who's Wee Dug said:
I just watched 9 I quite enjoyed it. :mrgreen:
I assume the puppet-movie and not the Daniel Day Lewis-one.

I've been watching a lot of live-action Disney movies lately. Peter Ustinov as Blackbeard's ghosts is hilarious.
Yes the button people one.
Went to see Batman V Superman, it was a bit too long IMO most of the action was in the latter half of the film it was Ok just.

Ghost

Sergeant-at-Arms
Dec 6, 2012
Blackcountry
Binge watched the first 4 episodes of Ash Vs. Evil Dead
All I say I love it, it has the same dark gory comedic spirit as Evil dead 2

the only thing that can complete the experience is the UK dvd release date
What the Internet Giveth it Also Taketh Away

Tonyblack

Super Moderator
City Watch
Jul 25, 2008
Cardiff, Wales
Catch-up said:
We finally got to see the new Star Wars movie - and we all loved it! There was one part I took exception to, but it would be a spoiler to mention it.
I've just watched it as well. I quite enjoyed it, but it seemed almost a remake of A New Hope to me. :think:

Nov 15, 2011
Aust.
I've seen a couple of eps of Maigret as well, it's pretty good.
Have also seen S1 of Ripper St. Quite enjoyed that one.
More 8 out of 10 Cats & QI.
The original The Thing and Death At A Funeral for the umpteenth time, it always makes me laugh.

"Everything's so -ing green."

Dotsie

Sergeant-at-Arms
Jul 28, 2008
Started watching A Walk in the Woods last night, will probably finish it but I'm not keen. It's not as good as the book, but also Robert Redford is a good 30 years older than Bryson was when he did the walk IRL, so it's all about how he's too old and unfit to do the trail, and how he never does any walking otherwise. Redford is also 20 years older than Emma Thompson, who plays his wife - at first I thought she was supposed to be his daughter :doh:

Cheery

Sergeant
Jun 22, 2009
Switzerland
jellymish-art.tumblr.com
I'm on a bit of an animated movie spree right now. :laugh:

I've seen Finding Nemo and Zootopia like 4 times in the recent past (Don't ask me why, I just love them to death right now). I watched Big Hero 6 yesterday, which is a movie that totally destroyed me, cause SADNESS. And I've seen Finding Dory in the cinema in Florida with my friend two weeks ago when I visited her... Ummm oh yes, and Asterix and the Mansions of the Gods cause the bluray is out :laugh: At least in Switzerland, I don't know if it's out in the UK. Anyway.

All very fun, some more emotionally scarring than others (looking at you, Finding Dory and Big Hero 6) but I recommend them all. They're very, very good.

Antiq

Sergeant
Nov 23, 2010
Ireland
Watched The Impressionists - BBC TV series - again, and fell in love with Monet all over again :laugh:
The artist, I mean, not the actor... although... :drool:

janet

Sergeant
Nov 14, 2009
North East England
Dotsie said:
Started watching A Walk in the Woods last night, will probably finish it but I'm not keen. It's not as good as the book, but also Robert Redford is a good 30 years older than Bryson was when he did the walk IRL, so it's all about how he's too old and unfit to do the trail, and how he never does any walking otherwise. Redford is also 20 years older than Emma Thompson, who plays his wife - at first I thought she was supposed to be his daughter :doh:
I wondered how that would work. The book was brilliant.
I've been catching up with Deep Space Nine since my friend kindly installed the entire run of 7 seasons on my new(ish) computer. Liking it so far. Very different from the boldly going of other Star Trek-based drama.

Jul 27, 2008
Stirlingshire, Scotland
I have just been to see Suicide Squad I thought it was really good kept me entertained all the way through, the sound track was most excellent dudes :laugh: with some late 60's and early 70's as well as some newer stuff opens with the Animals, House Of The Rising Sun, then in no particular order Stones, Sympathy For The Devil, Queen, Bohemian Rhapsody, Black Sabbath, Paranoid, Norman Greenbaum, Spirit In The Sky, ACDC, Dirty Deeds Done Dirt Cheap. must get the DVD when it comes out. :mrgreen:

Status
Not open for further replies.

User Menu

Newsletter