What have you seen recently? 3

Welcome to the Sir Terry Pratchett Forums
Register here for the Sir Terry Pratchett forum and message boards.
Status
Not open for further replies.

raisindot

Sergeant-at-Arms
Oct 1, 2009
Boston, MA USA
Rarely venture to theaters to see movies anymore but yesterday my college age son and I went to see Sausage Party. Quite possibly the raunchiest animated film since the Ralph Bakshi era of the 70s. It's a Seth Rogen/Jonah Hill project, so you know that 80% of it is politically incorrect ethnic stereotypes, sex and drug humor, but I haven't laughed so much at a film in years. It's worth it just for the opening song alone, written by Allen Mencken of Disney fame, which skewers every cheesy animated film song-opener ever made.

But behind its raunchiness is a very intelligent allegory about the battle between religious faith and reason. If you're easily offended, don't see it. But if you want a guilty pleasure, I recommend it highly.

Nov 15, 2011
Aust.
Things I've seen recently, Ab Fab and Ghostbusters. Both really enjoyable.

TV shows, Broad City, I don' think it's for everyone but I really like it. A few episodes of S2 American Horror Story, that one gave me bad dreams so I stopped watching it.
A Midsummer Night's Dream (BBC 2016 production?)
Duck Quacks Don't Echo

Quatermass

Sergeant-at-Arms
Dec 7, 2010
Watched episodes 3-5 of Fate/Zero.

Incidentally, I'm astonished they've made yet another series of Red Dwarf. I think it's past time that the series ended, frankly.

The Mad Collector said:
Penfold said:
Also watched the first of the new series of Red Dwarf and thought it stood up well against the older episodes (and was even better than some of them). It still has the quality there despite the years. :laugh:
Just seen it, very good, loved the concept of the tech prohibition and as for string theory :laugh: :laugh:
Wanna wanna wanna new Red Dwarf. RIGHT NOW!!!! Feeling deprived in the USA! :devil:

Nov 15, 2011
Aust.
I've watched a couple of episodes of Stranger Things on Netflix. I can see what all the fuss is about. I'll keep watching I think :rolleyes:

Went and saw Blair Witch with my son. I really like the first one so was hoping this would be good as well. It is quite a good scary movie, I was impressed.

Ghost

Sergeant-at-Arms
Dec 6, 2012
Blackcountry
just started the reboot of Chi's sweet home it's alright not much different in format
from the original series but for some reason the producers went with the choice of
C.G. 3D instead of 2D like the first two seasons

which isn't too bad but the human characters come off a bit uncanny valley.
Also the other major change the episode length has lengthened from 5 min shorts to a full 22 mins episodes
and that has resulted in pretty 3D padding for the sake of pretty 3D padding.
With that criticism aside the one real good point is that they kept the original voice actors as
I love Chi's excitable voice the right mixture of cute and obnoxious

Status
Not open for further replies.

User Menu

Newsletter