What have you seen recently? 4

Welcome to the Sir Terry Pratchett Forums
Register here for the Sir Terry Pratchett forum and message boards.
Jul 27, 2008
Stirlingshire, Scotland
Last night I went to see Alita:Battle Angel I really liked it lots of action and a good back story, kept me entertained throughout the film, when it ended left me wondering if there was going to be a sequel as I was so engrossed I did not realise the film was ending. If you like Manga I think you may like this.

ThinkingFox

Administrator
City Watch
Jul 20, 2017
UK
www.thinkingfox.com
Finished series 2 of The Crown last night... mildly entertaining but as most of it involves dialogue that can only have been invented (as nobody was there apart from Her Maj et al) it did feel somewhat disingenuous to portray it as "historical"...

Quatermass

Sergeant-at-Arms
Dec 7, 2010
I'm currently going through the first half of Fate/Apocrypha. It's a good series that suffers from two major flaws. The first is juggling so many main characters, over a couple of dozen. The second is the character design of Jack the Ripper, specifically her costume. Jack the Ripper takes the form of a little girl in this series, but the character designer put her in a costume an adult would be looked askance at for wearing...

deldaisy

Sergeant-at-Arms
Oct 1, 2010
Brisbane, Australia
I binge watched the mini series Russian Doll. I just couldn't stop watching. It's like Groundhog Day; with drugs and sex and alcohol. But far better. At some point you realise things are changing. So feel free to watch it again and spot those differences/clues. One of the best things I have seen in years!

Nov 19, 2011
California
I've been haunting Netflix the last couple of months. Watched Avengers: Infinity War, Agents of Shield, Solo: A Star Wars Story and a few mystery tv series. Also had to watch Moana and Coco so I could keep up with my 5 yr old grandson. ;) My hubby and I binge watched The Crown and thought they did a good job of casting. Then we had to watch Roma after watching the BAFTA awards. I thought they did a great job with the subject matter.

Saturday

Lance-Constable
Feb 15, 2019
I'm watching Netflix too :)
I'll have a look at the star wars one :laugh:
I saw the danish girl, both actors are amazing, really are
the story moved me, all that suffering then, and still now for people like Lily, it shouldn't happen :(
It also made me think about how trans people lived then, and before, it made me so sad

I'm currently watching the umbrella factory, a series about very disturbed super heroes, and enjoying it
Had a look at quite a few mangas, as i like them, i really liked swordart online, and seven deadly sins

And i watched again Alice in wonderland, the Tim Burton one, just love it

Jul 27, 2008
Stirlingshire, Scotland
I have been watching I Zombie up to series 2 now, and watched Disenchanted series one by Matt Goering new series later this year, seen the 1st episode of Umbrella factory definitely not your run of the mill super heroes types, as I tend to watch fantasy, SF, and Anime there is plenty to choose from on Netflix.

Dotsie

Sergeant-at-Arms
Jul 28, 2008
I'm watching the Umbrella Academy too, only on the second episode but it's like X-men meets Heroes. Umbrella factory - safety goggles are a must!

Saturday

Lance-Constable
Feb 15, 2019
I finished watching the Umbrella Academy, and now I hope there will be a second helping
HAs anyone read the comics, would they recommand them ?

Catch-up

Sergeant-at-Arms
Jul 26, 2008
Michigan, U.S.A.
Recently started re-watching Justified. One of my all time favorite shows! Some of the lines are just priceless, especially from bad guy Boyd Crowder. Good to hear the reviews of Umbrella Academy. That's on my list.

We also recently saw Incredibles 2. Not as good as the first of course, but we enjoyed it.

Ghost

Sergeant-at-Arms
Dec 6, 2012
Blackcountry
OMG Russian Doll is excellent and has one of the best endings I have ever seen I watched that in three nights I should've paced myself better
I've also watched Umbrella Academy I found it fun and am looking forward to the second season
I started reading the comics and found them to be a bit meh I poor replica of The League Of Extraordinary
Gentlemen and only got as far as the second comic

Tonyblack

Super Moderator
City Watch
Jul 25, 2008
Cardiff, Wales
Still watching Agents of Shield - now on Season 4. I'm loving all the digs in there about current affairs, without actually naming names. Although Fox News has been lampooned a couple of times and a TV personality offering to take a woman furniture shopping is a bit close. I've just ordered Season 1 of Jessica Jones.

Jul 27, 2008
Stirlingshire, Scotland
I could not get into Jessica Jones much, watched up to episode 3 maybe I should give it another go, but there is so much to watch on Netflix I'm finding it hard to break away. On to series 3 of I Zombie and watched a few episodes of Sex Education ( Gillian Anderson ) it's quite amusing in parts, and definitely different from her Scully character in the X Files. Plus I have put some new ones on my list to watch.

Dotsie

Sergeant-at-Arms
Jul 28, 2008
I've been re-watching Red Dwarf from the beginning, it's not taking long as there are far fewer episodes than you might think. Some of the early ones are shocking in terms of production, and the jokes are terrible! Still enjoying it for the nostalgic value though :mrgreen:

Tonyblack

Super Moderator
City Watch
Jul 25, 2008
Cardiff, Wales
I have fond memories of the early Red Dwarf series. Back to Earth was a bit pants, but series 10 was pretty good.

I just watched Pixar's Inside Out (it was a free DVD someone gave to me). It was pretty good.

Jul 27, 2008
Stirlingshire, Scotland
With series one of the Umbrella Factory finished I've started watching the first episode of Titans, in which Robin is a detective by day and a solo crime fighter by night until he teams up with other teens in the DC comics world. A quote by Robin in a response to one of the thugs had me laughing.

User Menu

Newsletter