What have you seen recently? 4

Welcome to the Sir Terry Pratchett Forums
Register here for the Sir Terry Pratchett forum and message boards.

ThinkingFox

Administrator
City Watch
Jul 20, 2017
UK
www.thinkingfox.com
I found the first series of the reboot of Batttlestar Galactica in a charity shop recently, but didn't have a clue what was happening as it was pivotal to have seen the pilot episode. So I ordered the pilot and watched it and I am now two discs in to the series. I'm liking it a lot more than the old series and I'm very glad they managed to keep the Viper fighter craft from the original (as well as the new version).
the BSG reboot is awesome - when it was shown on TV they aired the pilots and then leapt straight into the series so it all made sense but yes, if you just buy the series 1 box set then you'll end up a bit confused. Likewise further down the series chain they released a couple of separate "films" that are essential viewing:

Watch the Miniseries

Then watch series 1-3

then watch:
Razor:
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Battlestar-Galactica-Razor-DVD-Tv/dp/B000WISSOK/

Then watch series 4 (which is the finale)

Then watch:

The Plan (but you can miss this out, it's not well put together)
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Battlestar-Galactica-Edward-James-Olmos/dp/B0033WSJNC/

Blood and Chrome (missable too like The Plan)
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Battlestar-Galactica-Blood-Chrome-Extended/dp/B017UBNH42/

Quatermass

Sergeant-at-Arms
Dec 7, 2010
TBH, I'm not a fan of American science fiction TV series. The two main exceptions are Futurama and Westworld. Movies and books are another matter entirely.

Tonyblack

Super Moderator
City Watch
Jul 25, 2008
Cardiff, Wales
I finally finished the series. Some nice twists and turns in it, especially when they got to Earth. I liked that they introduced the kid, Boxey (from the original series) and then seem to have forgotten about him. How on earth did Admiral Adama decide to keep Tigh as his XO after the bloody awful job he did when he was in charge? And it was good to see the guest star role by Richard Hatch, who played Apollo in the original series. Baltar was a much better and more believable character in this one than the original. All in all, pretty good and I enjoyed it.

Quatermass

Sergeant-at-Arms
Dec 7, 2010
One of the few things I know about that series is that Alessandro Juliani plays a guy called Gaeta. I'm more familiar with Juliani for playing the detective 'L' in the dub of the Death Note anime.

Nov 21, 2010
Can you imagine if this was one of those 1 liner reviews that appear on posters?
" But I watched it again and mostly enjoyed it" :roflmao:

Quatermass

Sergeant-at-Arms
Dec 7, 2010
Just finished watching the final episodes of Tokyo Ghoul √A. I have mixed feelings about that series. On the one hand, they got quite a few things right, but Ken Kaneki's story arc, they pretty much sodomised. Plus, while the final long walk is a great tearjerking moment, it went on for a couple of minutes too long, and I felt the final battle between Ken and Arima in the manga was more poignant than that walk.

Tonyblack

Super Moderator
City Watch
Jul 25, 2008
Cardiff, Wales
Just got back from watching Avengers - Endgame. I won't spoil it, but if you go, don't wait for end credit scenes - there aren't any. I will say I was very satisfied with it and it didn't feel like a three hour film.

Jul 27, 2008
Stirlingshire, Scotland
Just got back from watching Avengers - Endgame. I won't spoil it, but if you go, don't wait for end credit scenes - there aren't any. I will say I was very satisfied with it and it didn't feel like a three hour film.
I've just saw Avengers - Endgame. I thought it was a little slow to start with but overall good, there was an announcement at the beginning that there would be a trailer for Spiderman after the credits by the actor playing him but I did not stay to watch it I had sat there long enough and needed to move.
before my legs turned to Jelly.
I'm looking forward to Dark Phoenix next.:mrgreen:

User Menu

Newsletter