What is your favourite TV-Series

Welcome to the Sir Terry Pratchett Forums
Register here for the Sir Terry Pratchett forum and message boards.

Cheery

Sergeant
Jun 22, 2009
Switzerland
jellymish-art.tumblr.com
I admit it: I'm a total Doctor Who fan-girl!
I love the series ever since I discovered it on youtube (a few months ago). WHY DON'T THEY SHOW IT ON GERMAN TV??? ( I don't get BBC or Skyone :x to be fair; the translation's crap, so I wouldn't watch it in german anyway :laugh: )

Second fav is Eureka. Brilliant, brilliant, brilliant series! Haven't watched it for a long time though.

What about you?

Merlin ( as predictable as hell, but i don't care)
TV burp -Brilliant
X factor- The auditions are the best bit
You've been framed - I never knew that that many people fell into paddling pools every week
Top gear
Some stuff with David attenbrough in it - did anyone see that baby penguin on Life :cry: :cry: :cry: (throws up)

Cheery

Sergeant
Jun 22, 2009
Switzerland
jellymish-art.tumblr.com
bikkit said:
Merlin ( as predictable as hell, but i don't care)
TV burp -Brilliant
X factor- The auditions are the best bit
You've been framed - I never knew that that many people fell into paddling pools every week
Top gear
Some stuff with David attenbrough in it - did anyone see that baby penguin on Life :cry: :cry: :cry: (throws up)
Top Gear - of course! How could I forget top gear!
It always makes me laugh because my brother's called Jeremy too. :laugh:

Jan Van Quirm

Sergeant-at-Arms
Nov 7, 2008
Dunheved, Kernow
www.janhawke.me.uk
chris.ph said:
tng
bones
ncis
doctor who
babylon 5
farscape
and my most favoured is top gear
I lurved Farscape! You're the only non-Oz person I've met who knows it let alone really liked it :laugh:

Also
Dr Who from episode 1 William Hartnell Who and, yes, I watched the very first Dalek story from behind the sofa. :laugh: (I was 5).
Blakes 7
Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy (Also the radio version but I only caught the later episodes)
Arthur of the Britons (I adore Oliver Tobias even now and he sings too! - saw him in Pirates of Penzance with Pamela Stephenson - she was crap he was brilliant as the Pirate King *goes for a quick lie down...* :twisted:
Alias Smith & Jones
Alas Smith and Jones (Mel and Griff Rhys hyphen)
Colin's Sandwich(Mel Smith)
Harry Enfield & Friends (esp Perry & Kevin & Wayne & Waynetta)
Gimme Gimme Gimme - in fact anything with Kathy Burke - I love her to bits :laugh:
Fast Show

Top Gear.... Hmmm - good for letting off steam wanting to smash Jeremy Clarksons stupid face in and conversely burp Richard Hammond for hours on end :oops: ;)

Not a Top Gear fan myself ... I want to punch Jeremy Clarkson on the nonce - shame because I like the other two - anyone that gives me those feelings I don't watch! Which is why I avoid the X-Factor like the plague - I feel the same towards Simon Cowell ... by the way has anyone else figured out that Simon Cowell with the initial of the first name with the entirety of his last name spells Scowell Scowl ... and he DOES that a lot ... his parents got in touch with Mrs Cake methinks ... :laugh: !

Jul 27, 2008
Stirlingshire, Scotland
Without making the list too long:

Babylon 5 in fact most of Josh Whelan’s
Farscape
Andromeda
The new Doctor Who (forgot to include :Torchwood)
Angel
Buffy
Futher edit Battlestar Galactica new one, and Heroes :oops:

At the Mo:
True Blood
Dollhouse
Moonlight

Phoenix

Lance-Corporal
Oct 4, 2009
Hampshire, England
Narrowing the list down might be difficult, but these are the ones that are either old favourites or I try not to miss (I'm something of a tv addict ;) )

Doctor Who
Torchwood
Gilmore Girls
Veronica Mars
Any of the Law and Orders
Buffy and Angel
How I met Your Mother
The Mentalist
Firefly

I'm also watching things like True Blood, Moonlight and Criminal Minds at the mo :)

ETA: I could also very easily get into things like Bones and Dollhouse, but I only have access to Freeview... have now seen the first ep of Dollhouse, which I enjoyed, but too soon to be added to the list of faves!

Gosh darn it, I forgot to add NCIS and Mock the Week as well! I absolutely adore Mock the Week, it makes me giggle :laugh:

Dotsie

Sergeant-at-Arms
Jul 28, 2008
Star Trek is my fave by a long way, I watch it at least 3-4 times a week. But then I don't really have time to watch anything else, maybe a film on the weekend.

I really enjoyed Firefly when it was on, and Big Bang Theory (we're between seasons at the moment). And My Name is Earl was brilliant.

Oct 10, 2009
italy-genova
I've always loved Star Trek, especially TNG and DS9. I love Buffy TVS too.
These are the best of the best for me, but i like tv shows so i like a lot of them.
Gilmore Girls, friends, stargate sg1, Battlestar Galactica is very well done, even if it makes my heart bump every minute :agit: :agit:
x-files, dharma&greg... I can't even remember all of the shows I watched and liked...
I like Babylon 5 too but They sell only season 1 on dvd here :(

Catch-up

Sergeant-at-Arms
Jul 26, 2008
Michigan, U.S.A.
Of current shows that are on, the only one I make any effort to watch is Ghost Hunters and sometimes Destination Truth - which is hysterical! I'll watch Lost as the episodes hit the web, and gave up on Heroes completely last season. In fact, we were just talking about saving the cost of cable service because we watch so little TV. :eek:

User Menu

Newsletter