Wincanton event

Welcome to the Sir Terry Pratchett Forums
Register here for the Sir Terry Pratchett forum and message boards.

Dotsie

Sergeant-at-Arms
Jul 28, 2008
Is anyone here going to this? It's apparently on this weekend - I'm not going :cry: so if anyone else is please tell us all about it & post loads of photos :laugh:

quizgeezer

Lance-Constable
Aug 28, 2008
Kent UK
www.quizgeezer.co.uk
Totally gutted

I was planning to go to the book signing at Winchester and then onto Wincanton .... but some c**t, smashed the rear window of my Mini Cooper convertible ... so it now needs a complete new roof.

As well as the £250-00 excess I am going to have to pay, for some yobs mindless bit of vandalism, I missed out on two events ... Wincanton would have been brilliant as Margaret Simpson (co author of Folklore) would have been signing as well.

I had six copies I wanted signed, now I will never get that opportunity again.

Am I pi**ed off about it - of course I am

Jason

Special Constable
Jul 10, 2008
Pontarddulais - Wales
discworldmonthly.co.uk
I normally make the Wincanton events but we decided that this year I should stay at home and help look after Isobel.

They are normally a lot of fun.

I got a lovely text yesterday from some of my friends who are there this weekend letting me know that I was being missed. It's wonderful to know people care.

I miss not meeting up with them so much - but family has to come first.

Sorry to hear about the damage to your car - it's a bitch when you loose out to someone else's lack of consideration or care.

Oh, and it's Jacqueline Simpson who co-write Folklore of Discworld with Terry.

Dotsie

Sergeant-at-Arms
Jul 28, 2008
Just one puzzling thing - is she really wearing glasses under that blindfold? o_O Is it a part of the Boffo that I've just not got yet?

User Menu

Newsletter