YouTube Shows

Welcome to the Sir Terry Pratchett Forums
Register here for the Sir Terry Pratchett forum and message boards.

RathDarkblade

City Watch
Mar 24, 2015
Melbourne, Victoria
And I keep getting ads all the time from Clive Palmer and his United Australia Party. 'Put Australia First'? Pfft, yeah, right, more like 'Put Clive Palmer First'...
I seriously cannot wait until this election cycle is over. I tried reading a newspaper over lunch and found not one but two full-page ads for that bloated waste of space. This evening I found one of his pamphlets in my mailbox. And now he advertises on YouTube videos too?

Still, the news isn't all bad - because when the election is finally done and dusted, we can use all the hot air to power the wind farms. ;)

RathDarkblade

City Watch
Mar 24, 2015
Melbourne, Victoria
Yeah, I'm aware of the years-long Brexit. I try not to think too much about it. I also try not to remember that a little bit later this year (and for much of next year), we'll all have to put up with Trump bouncing and tweeting all over the place, like an over-excited toddler. :rolleyes:

By comparison, the Australian elections are staid and almost timid affairs. There's hardly ever anything worth reading about. Clive Palmer, on the other hand, is the "Mr I'm Gonna-Advertise-My-Face-Everywhere" kind of person. He's so far to the right, he reminds me of Trump. Even his slogan - "Make Australia Great" - is an imitation of Trump. :mad:

Guess who I won't be voting for? :devil:

User Menu

Newsletter